Scored a Carbon Akrapovic Muffler . . . FREE ! ! !

Kiwi Rider

Registered
Hey peeps, I got a free carbon Akra the other day from work, came off a crashed BMW 310R and was replaced under insurance.
It has little damage apart from the end cap retaining band and rivets missing, but I can make one of those easily. Unfortunately the inlet diameter is way too small for the Busa, but I can sell it for good money and buy some thing nice for the Busa!

IMG_1194.JPG

Last edited:
Hey peeps, I got a free carbon Akra the other day from work, came off a crashed BMW 310R and was replaced under insurance.
It has little damage apart from the end cap retaining band and rivets missing, but I can make one of those easily. Unfortunately the inlet diameter is way too small for the Busa, but I can sell it for good money and buy some thing nice for the Busa!
View attachment 1621485
:thumbsup: Good deal. Free is good.:thumbsup:
Rubb.

Please check first that you have permission to sell it. I thought the same 7 years ago and didn't ask first. Next thing I know, sacked, police, court, fined and convicted.
That sucks.
But I know what you are saying, I definitely will ask the boss first if I can sell it !
He did say he was happy to let me have it to take home, he actually came to me with it and asked if I wanted it. . . rather than throw it in the skip.

That sucks.
But I know what you are saying, I definitely will ask the boss first if I can sell it !
He did say he was happy to let me have it to take home, he actually came to me with it and asked if I wanted it. . . rather than throw it in the skip.
Won't fit the new toy will it?

View attachment 1621486
What is the ID of the inlet? And are you selling it? I’m a little confused.

What is the ID of the inlet? And are you selling it? I’m a little confused.
To save confusion, I have two bikes, the '99 Busa with a Akrapovic full stainless system, and a DRZ400E Suzuki with a stock exhaust system.
To fit it to the DRZ would be a mission, and to fit it to the Busa would take a flared/stepped adapter pipe to slip it onto the Akra mid pipe.
The ID of the inlet on the damaged Akra is 52mm, the Busa's Akra mid pipe is 60mm. I may keep it but it would be nice to cash it up once it's fixed.

Last edited:
To save confusion, I have two bikes, the '99 Busa with a Akrapovic full stainless system, and a DRZ400E Suzuki with a stock exhaust system.
To fit it to the DRZ would be a mission, and to fit it to the Busa would take a flared/stepped adapter pipe to slip it onto the Akra mid pipe.
The ID of the inlet on the damaged Akra is 52mm, the Busa's Akra mid pipe is 60mm. I may keep it but it would be nice to cash it up once it's fixed.
Let me see if it will fit my r77 full exhaust. I think the od on my midpipe is 60 something. Let me look.

Back