Scooters

Tired of scooters....no license required, no gear requirements, and they're all over the lanes. I thought they had to stay in the outside lanes by the bike lane ????......In Las Vegas you'll see a lot of tweekers riding those.....

That's where I draw the line. I do not wave at scooters. 90% of them are dumb kids that don't have a clue or respect for other motorists.

Sorry but I don't wave to scooters either. Some thing about your feet together in the middle of the bike, well "its just wrong"

watch out for the scooter gangs :laugh:

IMG_1304.JPG

I ride a scooter for errands around town and commute back and forth to work. I hardly see any bikers so waving is not a priority...
twocents-1.gif

SuperScooter.jpg

Wow that 1 kinda sharp.Main thing I got mine 4 is take 2 track.
Ride it to turn in tech card +talk people+in case my or friends bike dies on track beats pushing.When Im on street with it if a car gets in back me I just go off 2 side +let them around.Mine only tops out around 35mph

I was beside one at a light the other day. The guy riding it pulled out a 32oz drink from McDonalds. This freaking thing had a cup holder. That is EXACTLY what a scooter needs. I was thinking, WTF? Why do you need to be drinking a beverage while on a scooter?

Being the proud owner of a Vespa, I can say that I NEVER get a wave from someone on a bike even if I wave first. I always get a wave from anoher scooter. But this is Dallas and lots (not all) of the motorcyclists seem to only wave to their "kind", be it, Harley, squid, sporty, etc.

SophiaFrontAngle.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Tired of scooters....no license required, no gear requirements, and they're all over the lanes. I thought they had to stay in the outside lanes by the bike lane ????......In Las Vegas you'll see a lot of tweekers riding those.....

In Texas, scooters, even 50cc models, require a license. Don't let a dealer here tell you otherwise.

I keep a scooter in Stamford CT and use it when I get of the train. I wave to the crossing guard I see every day. I wave to bus driver I see every day and most bikes don't wave, if they do I wave back. Just remember that most scooters riders don't take their hands of the bars. :O

as i teach my children and mabey some can put thought into it... you can only be responsible for yourself.... i wave to everyone scooters harleys ect... and i am not offended if they dont wave back... i...am ok

The other day I was in my truck and saw a scooter that was fairly large. What's the largest cc's you can get one in these days? Also that scooter was doing about 80MPH and passed me up in my truck. ???

The other day I was in my truck and saw a scooter that was fairly large. What's the largest cc's you can get one in these days? Also that scooter was doing about 80MPH and passed me up in my truck. ???

Vespa makes a 300cc what has a top speed of 80+. I have a Vespa GTS250 with a top speed of 76 mph. I have personally had it up to about 72 mph.

I'll wave to anybody. But what you pay for a new scooter, you can get a used Suzuki
Bandit.

We've got a pair of Metropolitans, I enjoy waving at bikes just to see the reactions :laugh:

I honestly have more fun riding it around town than I do the Busa..

Vespa makes a 300cc what has a top speed of 80+. I have a Vespa GTS250 with a top speed of 76 mph. I have personally had it up to about 72 mph.

I think she needs a TRE.

Back