Scissor Lift

sjg34

Registered
Has anyone tried to use something similar to support the bike while removing the swingarm?

Screenshot_20151209-214104.jpg

That will work just fine. Not necessary though, you can just use the cheap screw jack that comes with most cars.

Given you have some type of front wheel chock or vise.

I have one . works great for nearly all bikes . also ten times more stable than a car screw jack

I have one . works great for nearly all bikes . also ten times more stable than a car screw jack

I have a stock oil pan and a non sidewinder exhaust. Any suggestions where to place the platform? Will I use the vertical risers on the jack or just the flat surface?

I have a stock oil pan and a non sidewinder exhaust. Any suggestions where to place the platform? Will I use the vertical risers on the jack or just the flat surface?

The stock headers will support the bike fine.
With the front chocked and the bike stable side to side, I'de use a flat piece of wood on a jack under the headers.
That, or hang straps from the ceiling.

The stock headers will support the bike fine.
With the front chocked and the bike stable side to side, I'de use a flat piece of wood on a jack under the headers.
That, or hang straps from the ceiling.

+1 I do the same thing. I use a ¾" x 6" x 14" piece of wood under the headers and jack it up.

Just make sure you use a rear stand FIRST BEFORE you lift the front wheel off the ground.

Back