Schnitz Racing +1" Rear Link? Opinions??

San Diego Busa

Registered
Hey guys

Rode with some racer types this weekend that swore this link was one of the best upgrades to a busa for canyon carving.

Search didn't result in much.

Any opinions? I'm 6'4" so the extra height is a non issue! :)

Thanks

I thought you were asking about the links to raise them Soupy's has a link to raise the rear as for it's effectivenes at improving the handling you can wait for a canyon carver to chime in or one of the resident track heads:laugh:

Thanks guys! We've had nothing but positive reviews from those who have purchased our raising links.

Be sure to use the Promo code: Hayabusa.org to save 10% on everything until Nov. 10th!!!

Last edited:
Subscribed to this thread. I had not seen these before and it may be another winter mod for me.

I have yet to find, but would love to find and adjustable link for a GEN II that goes from +1 to -2

The proper way to raise the rear is by placing shims between the shock and frame. Raising the rear via shims leaves the progressive linkage in it's OEM form. Adding a 6mm shim will raise the rear by approx 24-26mm.

And yes, raising the rear will enhance quicker steering at the expense of stability. For street use the change is mildly noticeable but for track use when there is more effort needed to throw the bike into tight corners the rewards will be great.

my buddy also took out a link on his chain . I thought he did the 750 swingarm mod cuase his tire was tucked in so far . Shorter wheelbase = better carving

Here is a little tip for you guys that want to jack up the rear to shorten the trail thinking it makes for easier tipin you lazy bastids! If this truely made the bike handle better don't you think those little "No Butt" Japanese engineers would have added that feature for the cost of a 6mm washer? :cheerleader:

Learn to use the brakes properly and keep the front compressed during tip in. This is far more effective in making the bike turn with less effort! :whistle:

And one other thing, raising the rear is not going to improve your riding ability not one tiny little bit. :moon:

Improving your riding skills just may be the best avenue to reach your actual goal which is more confidence while you are in the saddle! :thumbsup:

:beerchug:

Hey guys

Rode with some racer types this weekend that swore this link was one of the best upgrades to a busa for canyon carving.

Search didn't result in much.

Any opinions? I'm 6'4" so the extra height is a non issue! :)

Thanks

I am 6'3" and ride the same roads you do. I have the soupy's adj. links. The difference is very apparent. 2nd best upgrade I have done, First being taking the bus to Race Tech in Ontario..

Hey Tuff, why don't you go out to the garage, take a video camera and show us all of all how you'd shim the top of a Busa shock.

Thanks!

Cheers
ken

Hey Tuff, why don't you go out to the garage, take a video camera and show us all of all how you'd shim the top of a Busa shock.

Thanks!

Cheers
ken

Here ya go Ken, two 3mm washers!

8-29-11 054.jpg

Here is a little tip for you guys that want to jack up the rear to shorten the trail thinking it makes for easier tipin you lazy bastids! If this truely made the bike handle better don't you think those little "No Butt" Japanese engineers would have added that feature for the cost of a 6mm washer? :cheerleader:

Learn to use the brakes properly and keep the front compressed during tip in. This is far more effective in making the bike turn with less effort! :whistle:

And one other thing, raising the rear is not going to improve your riding ability not one tiny little bit. :moon:

Improving your riding skills just may be the best avenue to reach your actual goal which is more confidence while you are in the saddle! :thumbsup:

:beerchug:

It actually improves the handling by putting more weight on the front of the bike. It does work and it is not one of those "it sorta feels better" things it's very clear. And it does help the straight line stability as well as the turning. Those Japanese engineers didn't do this because people like their Busas low. The riser makes the seat higher.

This mod works terrific. Lamb's was made by Devil Dog! Thanks man. It works, the steer-in lightens up immediately.

Great track mod, fantastic

puts way more pressure on the wrists and your *ahem* man area.

Lamb never knew about the shimming. Thanks tuf... After running the 1 inch raise since '07, for the .oRg trackday at Miller Motorsports Park, Lamb has recently returned to stock. So much more comfy for the longer trips which has been on the itinerary lately.

If you haven't done the front fork upgrades, they should be done first.

The call for the "missile" will be a 3mm washer.

Back