Scary

blas32

Registered
I am waiting for my new rear tire to get here but I had a little more rubber to go so I went for a short ride. Met a guy with a 02 stock Busa at a gas station so he followed me and my buddies ZX12. Decided to do some roll-ons with the stock Busa and he was shocked how bad I beat him. I told him I had it regeared but he thought it would not matter that much...little did he know. I get home and was shocked when I saw my rear tire. I guess I had less rubber than I thought for those roll-ons. Never took a tire to the cords like that and I hope it won't happen again!!

old_tire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can tell I live in Florida, not many twisties. Doing wheelies sure will eat up the back tire but I never did burnouts.

OOPS, My tire wasn't quite that bad but cords were showing when I got a new one. The funny part was when I parked at the shop two motorcycle cops were just leaving. That is when one of them noticed my tire and asked me if I have been doing to many one wheel starts. They both laughed thinking that they busted me. I told them that I drive 100 miles a day going to work and that the tire had 8000 miles on and they just went Oh yeah that does chew up a tire. The sad thing is that it's true. I have only knowingly spun the tire once.

Back