Scary Stuff

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
I've noticed this for some time, but today it made itself very noticeable. Whenever you google something, then you visit a site, the ads are targeted to you specifically based upon your search history. (You may have to be logged into Google to experience this, not sure.)

For example, I was suggesting Eastwood fuel tank cleaner to another member in another thread, and I just logged in to find that the google ads up top are advertising for Eastwood.

Google is taking over the world. :poke:

ccleaner for your machine, use often. It is a free down load. I am an information security officer and use it at home and work machines.

Or they are targeted to the key words that google has indexed from the site.. As an example the ads on the top of the org are specifically aligned to the content of each page on the site..

funny-dog-pictures-googly-eyes-googling-google.jpg

I have notice that also. I been looking for somethig and then after im done still comes up on next couple of pages later.

oh no....does that mean that what i was googleing will show $#* adds?

Key words is the trick. When I built my website the key words were what put my site on the front page. My site always came up on the front page.

Key words is the trick. When I built my website the key words were what put my site on the front page. My site always came up on the front page.

Yeah, but these aren't motorcycle related ads...not some of them. I'm getting eFax ads at the moment, a service which I use daily. Coincidence?

Stop watching me Google! :laugh:

If you turn cookies off won't it stop that ?
Google does track your habits and tailors ads and other things to you.

Yea, its all about your cookies. Google stores your search habbits in a cookie on your machine which it references.

It's not only google. I binged something, and the google adds on the site follow it....

Google isn't the only one watching every freaking thing u do...Not about Obama...but big push on right now to have gov't beable to tap into your iphones, blackberries, through the backdoor without you even being aware of it...national expediency required...Why do you think Ted went into the woods and started mailing pipe bombs? He was a little deranged..for sure...but there is little that the super computers in Langley don't see or hear..and that is not paranoia..it is fact...???

so whats even more scary, that technology is over 10yrs old :laugh: there's way more big brother out there most people dont even see and its very likely already deployed at your place of employment :banghead:

Back