Scary Noise Or No Big Deal?

Hello again,

They haven't had the engine apart yet so I can't report on what collateral damage there may be… Hopefully none!

But I did have an epiphany that slap me up against the face and said hey stupid…

Don't buy someone else's promises or problems off eBay as it was suggested by turbo Johnny, mabupa, & gixerhp…Thanks guys… Sometimes I let my over exuberance get in the way of my good judgment

Thus, the plan is to repair and replace with new factory parts as needed!… and try to avoid any further pitfalls…

Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions and sound advice!

I'll keep everyone advised as to the progress with updated reports

SR 71

Hello again,

They haven't had the engine apart yet so I can't report on what collateral damage there may be… Hopefully none!

But I did have an epiphany that slap me up against the face and said hey stupid…

Don't buy someone else's promises or problems off eBay as it was suggested by turbo Johnny, mabupa, & gixerhp…Thanks guys… Sometimes I let my over exuberance get in the way of my good judgment

Thus, the plan is to repair and replace with new factory parts as needed!… and try to avoid any further pitfalls…

Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions and sound advice!

I'll keep everyone advised as to the progress with updated reports

SR 71
Well i do have to say that you can slap people in the face,,,
I was only offering and upgrade, Not promise, or an Ebay problem, Buy a reputable builders product,, linky thingy http://www.kwsmotorsports.com/.
Not Junk, Not hacked!
So hopefully you get your stuff sorted out, at this point ill bow out of this thread, and give you no further info or advise!

Isn't he thanking you for good advise, and not insulting you in any way??
At least that's how I read it.

Isn't he thanking you for good advise, and not insulting you in any way??
At least that's how I read it.
I agree ... he's saying the good advice slapped him upside the face and woke him up because he gets excited and jumps the gun .... and then went on to thank everyone for it ... it was not meant to put down the obviously awesome head deal from Gixerhp.... I think he's just thinking stock may be easier to deal with and may be cheaper for some reason

Last edited:
Ok I read it fast, and now that i have re read it, you guys are correct.
Sorry me bad!
I agree ... he's saying the good advice slapped him upside the face and woke him up because he gets excited and jumps the gun .... and then went on to thank everyone for it ... it was not meant to put down the obviously awesome head deal from Gixerhp.... I think he's just thinking stock may be easier to deal with and may be cheaper for some reason

Hello,

I did not intend to start a controversy, I'm very sorry… My intentions were certainly not to insult you or disrespect your offer for the head and cams.

I really appreciate all the input and help from everyone!

I'm just not very experienced with motorcycle engines I have vast experience with other types of motorsports(aviation, automobiles, and boats)… However, it has been a few years

I recently purchased the 2007 Hayabusa it's 100% stock(except swing arm extension) with 6800 miles… I purchased it because I got tired of riding my cruiser like a crazy man(Honda Valkyrie 1500), it is fast and handles quite well for its class… but I need something that can tear up the straits and also carve the curves… "The snake Mulholland Drive"

Please accept my most sincere and humble apology for any controversy my previous communication may have caused

Yours truly,

SR 71

Sorry i read your post quick, and went off,, it was me not you that needs to be sorry here!

All is good,,,, Now go fix that bike,, and keep asking questions, and

Again Sorry man!

Back