Scary books

Do you like cop stories? Sandford is good, and so is Sanders.

Umm.. hold on.. their whole names are.............

John Sandford and Lawrence Sanders (although it looks like he died).

I think you are my twin.. as King, Straub, Koontz are my favs. I'm in the SK book club. Get his new books shipped to me for $18 each, also get datebooks with his quotes, short stories and stuff in it every year. LOVE IT.

But anyway, Sanders and Sandford are great detective writers.. with some gore and a little bit of mind f*** in them. Try one...

Sounds like something I'd like! I too am in the SK book club; not a fan of these desk calendars they've sent for the last 2 years though...I thought I'd use it last year; didn't...now I've got another and need to send it back, but haven't...

Thanks again! Added to the list!

You might like Robert McCammon... Swan song, They thirst, Boy's life... Go to the used book store and pick any of these up for a buck or two.
E

Thank you jessup
biggrin.gif

Not a problem... I have tons of books and when I say tons I am not kidding... I am probably one of the only people that can go into a book buy back store and walk out with sixty to seventy dollars at a pop... If you want some let me know I would mail em out to you.
E

(jessup @ Oct. 26 2006,08:40) You might like Robert McCammon... Swan song, They thirst, Boy's life...  Go to the used book store and pick any of these up for a buck or two.
E
Have you read McCammons "Going South"...
Not scary but a great read...

David

I have read most of his stuff but it was years ago... I have just started rereading his stuff.

(jessup @ Oct. 26 2006,09:26) Not  a problem... I have tons of books and when I say tons I am not kidding... I am probably one of the only people that can go into a book buy back store and walk out with sixty to seventy dollars at a pop... If you want some let me know I would mail em out to you.
E
Jessup, are you into first editions/antiquated literary works, by chance?

I'm with you on the shelves and shelves of books. Stacked up, piled up, etc. Unfortunately I don't have many high quality first editions, but I laughed when I read your post, as I can surely picture what you mean. If you're ever in Madison, Wisconsin, look for the Frugal Muse used book store. It's a one of a kind, and every once in a while you'll be able to snatch up a first edition for a good deal if you have some cash and/or a trade.
beerchug.gif

Jason

(jessup @ Oct. 26 2006,12:26) Not  a problem... I have tons of books and when I say tons I am not kidding... I am probably one of the only people that can go into a book buy back store and walk out with sixty to seventy dollars at a pop... If you want some let me know I would mail em out to you.
E
Thanks Jessup...I'm like that too; love books and have plenty to prove it...they have to be hard bound, I don't like anyone else reading 'em because they lose the covers, spill coffee on 'em, whatever (that's for the hubby!), so yeah, it's an illness
smile.gif

I appreciate the offer; I'll hit the bookstore soon and take a peek for some new stuff for my collection...
biggrin.gif

(Busa_05 @ Oct. 26 2006,18:15)
(jessup @ Oct. 26 2006,09:26) Not a problem... I have tons of books and when I say tons I am not kidding... I am probably one of the only people that can go into a book buy back store and walk out with sixty to seventy dollars at a pop... If you want some let me know I would mail em out to you.
E
Jessup, are you into first editions/antiquated literary works, by chance?

I'm with you on the shelves and shelves of books. Stacked up, piled up, etc. Unfortunately I don't have many high quality first editions, but I laughed when I read your post, as I can surely picture what you mean. If you're ever in Madison, Wisconsin, look for the Frugal Muse used book store. It's a one of a kind, and every once in a while you'll be able to snatch up a first edition for a good deal if you have some cash and/or a trade.
beerchug.gif

Jason
I have had a few really old first editions that I over the years I have given to friends that have had more interest in either the author or collecting.

I used to and sometimes still go to estate sales in the area just to see what is available whether it be furinture or books...

I sold a really old medical text/journal from the early 1900's... It is the only book I have ever sold the rest I have given away.

The only thing I have now is this....<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-Bezalel-38-Signed-LITHOGRAPHS-Abel-PANN-1930_W0QQitemZ280017016522QQihZ018QQcateg
oryZ29223QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">link</a>

Mine is different and was listed on sleazebay for 10g's. Mine is authentic and deals with Genisis but not all the litho's are signed so my value is a little lower...

I love books but I don't have the personality to keep them as investments... I end up giving them away if someone loves it...
E

Angels and Demons, Dan Brown, better than that book on some code.  
rock.gif

Harry Potter is a good light hearted read
beerchug.gif

(heavybusa @ Oct. 27 2006,09:04) I dont read nearly enough.
Nobody does... Single most underated ability a human has...

(jessup @ Oct. 26 2006,12:26) Not  a problem... I have tons of books and when I say tons I am not kidding... I am probably one of the only people that can go into a book buy back store and walk out with sixty to seventy dollars at a pop... If you want some let me know I would mail em out to you.
E
Try the Salvation Army stores, or Goodwill. $1 for hardbacks, 50 cents for paperbacks..

It's like Christmas!!
biggrin.gif

I love going in those shops that trade/sell used books real cheap...I found an original copy of SK's "Dead Zone" in there and that did feel like Christmas
smile.gif
Doesn't take much to please me, does it?! LOL

(VaBusa @ Oct. 27 2006,09:20) I love going in those shops that trade/sell used books real cheap...I found an original copy of SK's "Dead Zone" in there and that did feel like Christmas  
smile.gif
 Doesn't take much to please me, does it?!  LOL
We must be 2 of the simpler versions of the female kind.
wink.gif

(LadyHawk @ Oct. 27 2006,09:43)
(VaBusa @ Oct. 27 2006,09:20) I love going in those shops that trade/sell used books real cheap...I found an original copy of SK's "Dead Zone" in there and that did feel like Christmas  
smile.gif
wink.gif
You think?! LOL

(VaBusa @ Oct. 27 2006,09:52)
(LadyHawk @ Oct. 27 2006,09:43)
smile.gif
wink.gif
You think?!  LOL
Just give us some super fast vehicles and some books and we are good.
laugh.gif

Back