Scary books

(VaBusa @ Oct. 27 2006,06:20) I love going in those shops that trade/sell used books real cheap...I found an original copy of SK's "Dead Zone" in there and that did feel like Christmas  
smile.gif
 Doesn't take much to please me, does it?!  LOL
You're lucky. Alot of SK's earlier works are going up in value. If you can find a first edition of the Dark Tower series books one thru I about three (The Gunslinger, The Drawing of the Three, and The Wastelands) that are in good condition with pics - hold on to them......or call me. They are collectable, and are worth a pretty penny, though not nearly as much as they will eventually be worth.
smile.gif

smile.gif

(jessup @ Oct. 27 2006,05:56)
(Busa_05 @ Oct. 26 2006,18:15)
(jessup @ Oct. 26 2006,09:26) Not  a problem... I have tons of books and when I say tons I am not kidding... I am probably one of the only people that can go into a book buy back store and walk out with sixty to seventy dollars at a pop... If you want some let me know I would mail em out to you.
E
Jessup, are you into first editions/antiquated literary works, by chance?

I'm with you on the shelves and shelves of books. Stacked up, piled up, etc. Unfortunately I don't have many high quality first editions, but I laughed when I read your post, as I can surely picture what you mean.  If you're ever in Madison, Wisconsin, look for the Frugal Muse used book store. It's a one of a kind, and every once in a while you'll be able to snatch up a first edition for a good deal if you have some cash and/or a trade.
beerchug.gif

Jason
I have had a few really old first editions that I over the years I have given to friends that have had more interest in either the author or collecting.

I used to and sometimes still go to estate sales in the area just to see what is available whether it be furinture or books...  

I sold a really old medical text/journal from the early 1900's... It is the only book I have ever sold the rest I have given away.

The only thing I have now is this....<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-Bezalel-38-Signed-LITHOGRAPHS-Abel-PANN-1930_W0QQitemZ280017016522QQihZ018QQcateg

oryZ29223QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">link</a>

Mine is different and was listed on sleazebay for 10g's.  Mine is authentic and deals with Genisis but not all the litho's are signed so my value is a little lower...

I love books but I don't have the personality to keep them as investments... I end up giving them away if someone loves it...
E
Jesus, that is neat! (Pun sort of intended)
smile.gif

That's really cool, jessup.
cool.gif

You sound like a couple of my friends and I - we constantly shift paper backs back and forth and share them around. I do keep alot of my hard cover first edition novels by some of my favorite authors of old and new, pop fiction and literary. I don't loan them out much, as I do have a slight hobbyish kind of interest in collecting. Some of my older first editions I keep- I love the smell of them, the look of them, and I love the works - Tolstoy, Maughm (Of Human Bondage, of course), Goethe, etc.

I will keep on the look out for you! I come across wierd/old stuff all the time.
E

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 24 2006,18:59)
(Warputer @ Oct. 24 2006,17:08) I have to agree with ya Michelle .....Steven King is the King of horror books ! Sad thing is .....most of the movie versions of his books STINK !
A few notable exceptions:
The Green Mile
Christine
The Shawshank Redemption
You beat me to it.

Don't forget, "The Shining." Great movie!

As to scary books, I don't get many of those in my library. I do remember reading the original, "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley which scared the crap outta me as a teenager. Other than that, though, I can't remember being overly scared of anything I've read.

--Wag--

(jessup @ Oct. 27 2006,07:06)
(heavybusa @ Oct. 27 2006,09:04) I dont read nearly enough.
Nobody does... Single most underated ability a human has...
"The man who won't read is no better off than the man who can't read." -- Jim Rohn

Wag's corrollary: "The man who reads trash is no better off than the man who can't read!"

Get out there and read!

--Wag--

Back