Scar and Sophia and Joe and Marilyn

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Some of you may remember my last trip to the Grand Canyon.

It was April 6, 2010. There was still snow on the mountains and plenty of it on the ground up there.

Well, at my last refueling point before getting to the Canyon, I met a fellow sport-bike rider.

We chatted for some time, exchanged stories and phone numbers, and decided one day we'd ride.

Well, that day came over this weekend.

Quite coincidentally, it also overlapped with some Vegas Hoons (GUNITrider and his wife and some new friends of theirs) coming to the Northern Arizona Mountains to ride, so I built a bridge between the events and the lot of us got out riding for awhile.

I met Joe at the same place where we originally met, some three months ago...

:beerchug:

That's Joe's CBR.

Fated Meeting Place.jpg

Peg at Circle K.jpg

Peg & Hoonda at Circle K.jpg

Peg & Wasabi Sharing Space.jpg

After this meeting, we proceeded to get me some lunch (muy importante); and shortly after that, I met Sophia...

Isn't she just a bundle of beauty? We hit it off 100% and laughed and carried on for the rest of our weekend...

What a doll-baby!

Scar & Sophia.jpg

So, then on Sunday, Robert, Cheryl, Josh, Martika, and Gene rolled into Flagstaff.

We met up, got briefly acquainted, then rolled out for Sedona, where we found a little Mexican place (Casa del Mar) where we enjoyed some good food, good times...

It's all about the food, isn't it? :laugh:

Lunch Baja del Mar.jpg

Lunch Baja del Mar 2.jpg

Lunch Baja del Mar 3.jpg

It was at this point that Joe and one of his local compadres departed for Flagstaff and the rest of us hoons ventured forth...

After climbing the mountain for several thousand feet, we pulled into this cool little overlook. It was really kind of a crappy overlook, but we pulled into it anyway.

This is where I realized that somehow or another, I'd missed Marilyn.

She was a hard working woman, apparently.

RIP, Marilyn...

(more overlook pix to look at here in a moment)...:beerchug:

Marilyn.jpg

Here are some random pix from the crappy overlook...

:poke:

Overlook.jpg

Overlook 2.jpg

Overlook 3.jpg

Overlook 5.jpg

Overlook 4.jpg

It was a great weekend.

Thanks go out...

To my new friend and fellow hoon, Joe, for his hospitality...

To Robert (GUNIT) for putting together the contingency to get to NorAz...

To Marilyn for all her apparent hard work...and

To Sophia for warming my heart.

:love:

'til next time, ya'llz...ride safe, ride sane; stick around awhile.

Overlook 6.jpg

Where we're going.jpg

Oh...and here's a pic of Joe and Sophia...anyone see a resemblance?

Joe & Sophia.jpg

Good pic's Scar, amazing the friends you make on two wheels. That crappy little turn out is heading down into Jerome out of Prescott. I parked at the South end with the bike heading in, it was so step I almost kissed the frigging wall trying to get out of there it! :whistle:

Good pic's Scar, amazing the friends you make on two wheels. That crappy little turn out is heading down into Jerome out of Prescott. I parked at the South end with the bike heading in, it was so step I almost kissed the frigging wall trying to get out of there it! :whistle:

Yeppers...pretty steep, yo; beautiful scenery and the temps were pretty darned nice up there, as well...

Thanks for the pics Scar, looks like a great time:thumbsup:

Yep...that was it, Dennis...steep & crappy. :laugh:

After this meeting, we proceeded to get me some lunch (muy importante); and shortly after that, I met Sophia...

Isn't she just a bundle of beauty? We hit it off 100% and laughed and carried on for the rest of our weekend...

What a doll-baby!

Yeah, when there is no language barrier I'm sure you two hit it off 100%. :whistle:

Nice pix SCAR and was nice seeing you again, it was great to meet Joe and his friend (forgot his name). Definitely an awesome ride from Vegas to Northern AZ mountains.

In Kingman,AZ spent the night Sat with our friends Andrea and Ryan who lives down there....awesome peeps. This pix was Sunday morning gettin ready to roll for some Starbucks before headin up to Flagstaff,AZ
IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

Gas stop in this little old town by Old Route 66
IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

AZ Highway 89A before Sedona waiting for our Hoonster SCAR and two other riders
IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

Arrived in Sedona,AZ for some Mexican food
IMG_2040.jpg