Scammers are still at it ...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Cant believe they still try with this ...

I'm selling my Harley on Cycletrader & Craigs list so this guy Ken claims to be interested, inquires about the condition and miles ... and is the most recent:

Greetings to You Kent ,

I have forwarded your bike information to my client and after evaluation and due to time constraint on the fact that we are running short of time.I'm delighted to tell you that my client has recommended your bike with full interest and he has instructed me to carry on with the transaction rest on my shoulder.Hope the body is in perfect condition?

He also instructed me to inform you that payment will get to you in a cashiers check of $19,500 , Which will cover the cost of the bike, and also the cost of shippment.So you are required to deduct the cost of your bike $14,500 when payment gets to you and refund balance $5,000 to the Agent (our shipper ) for him to be able to offset shipping & tax charges, and other cosmetic repair costs. Now we really need your Truth & Honesty in refunding the balance to the shipper. After payment has reached you and balance sent to shipper, the shipper's agent will come for inspection, pick up (of the bike & signing of title papers), make some cosmetic touches and move to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my customer.

Please confirm this and forward the following informations;
Names:.........
Address:.............
Phone number:............

For payment to be made and send to you as soon as possible.Your honesty, understanding and co-operation will be highly appreciated.
Have a wonderful day .
Best Regards.

Ken.

--------------------------------------------------------
My final reply:

Sure Ken, Sure, I'm amazed that some people still fall for this old scam. Dont bother me with a reply.

there are a lot of stupid stupid thieves in this world. looks like they would come up with a new strategy. i guess there are also a few people that have been took by them also.
good deal on your part at least he knows he has been had.

Take the check and deposit it in your account. Forget to withdraw the shipping fee, if the check happens to clear, give the shipper's agent his money when he shows up to collect the bike.......LOLOLOLOLOL

Back