Scam!! Watch ouT!

quazy

Registered
I had a pocket bike for sale on the internet and I sold it to someone locally a few days ago. I was asking $900.  Anyway last week a guy emailed me a few times and said that he was sending a $5000 check to me.  He wanted me to cash it, take my $900 out of it and send the remaining $4100 to a shipping company address that he has in Italy so they can come pick it up.

Well his english typing was terrible and it was pretty obvious that he was trying to scam me for some money... Well I told him to send me the check and if I received the check then he would own the bike. I gave him my address and phone# and told him to go ahead and send it..  

Guess what..... A $5000 FAKE check arrived at my front door today.  And tonight I got a phone call from a guy who just about couldnt speak a lick of english..  Of course I knew who it was. I hung up on him because I couldnt understand him.  He has the same language as "Saddam Husein" LOL... He Probabally is an Al Queida member... Makes me want to join our military, fuggn' terriorist!!

He then called me back by Relay (The same service that Deaf people use).  I talked to him through relay and told him that he is a peice of poop and always will be and to go get some kind of job instead of scam peoples money and hung up again.  Well he called me for the 3rd time, and yelled at me for a good minute in his language and then he hung up.

Has this happened to anyone else? I should have not gave him my contact information, because I knew it was a scam and I shouldnt have played around with him.. I just wanted to see if he would really send me a check. :super:

I talked to a bank about this check and they said that it is definitely a FAKE CHECK.  I took a picture of this check for you all to see.  This is rediculous, and I wish there was a way to put people like this 10ft under the ground or behind bars!@

Imagestation.com closed, link removed

this IS odd....if its a fake cheq how are you supposed to cash it in the first place .  He cant and wont ever get his SCAM money , because nobody will cash the fake cheq .
                             very odd .

popular scam i hear it on clark howard all the time.. they expect you to deposit it and send the remainder to a fake company brfore you find out or realize the check is fake ..bottom line you are out of $4100 by the time you find out

Now if you were a AMA member this wouldn't have happened to you.No seriously in this months American Motorcyclist AMA's monthly mag they featured that story so you are not the only one this has happened to.Hopefully you didn't lose your pocket bike

popular scam i hear it on clark howard all the time.. they expect you to deposit it and send the remainder to a fake company brfore you find out or realize the check is fake ..bottom line you are out of $4100 by the time you find out
Exactly dezzy....
Jetset, no I didnt lose my pocketbike, I sold it to someone else... Anyway I knew this guy was a scammer when he sent me his first email because he wanted me to wire transfer the $4100 to the address in Italy. LOL!
I played his game just to see if he would really send me the check and he actually did. And then he had the balls to call me to see if I cashed it..

This scam is not only on e-bay for motorcycles, but on Craigslist for autos. Happened to a guy who works for me.
He was selling is pick-up, wanted $4,800
A guy called him about the truck form Italy. Said he would buy the truck, and even talked him down to $4,200.
He told him that he would send an extra $2,000 for shipping and the shipping companies name and address.

Here is the kicker. The check is a certified check!

The bank will deposit it, most of the times with no questions asked.
The buyer told him to deposit the check and send the shipping money to the shipping company, $2,000.
Fortunately someone e-mailed him of the scam, and he never deposited the check.

We did get a story of this happening to another guy, who did deposit the check. The bank then found out the check was bad and went after the poor guy's account and said he is liable for the money. He has to get a lawyer to protect himself, because the bank says they are not liable for the money and he owes the money to the bank.

Anyway, the guy who works for me, got 2 more offers within a week for his truck, and got 2 more checks, same scam.
He has since turned this all over to the FBI.

Be carefull with buying or selling.

I've had the same poop happen to me.. As a matter of fact I comfronted this person about a neg feed on yahoo. And he told that the guy wasn't completely true about the car. And a sured me that he wanted it. Well now that I see this, it's pro the same guy. I would send the info to the FBI and let them deal with it. Now I have to post my car agian on yahoo. Keep your eyes open people.. :cussing:

Welcome to the world, lol.... this is the most popular scam going for the last year or so.

Sound too good to be true?...... yep

Whos gonna send you $5000 on blind faith, and ask that you PLEASE send him the change...?

get his address and let us know where he is ..... we have worldwide members here

someone here is close to him .......pay him a visit hehe
:cool:
a little midnight mayhem :super:

Here's what this guy emailed me.. I sent this info to the FBI site...

"hello tony,
how is your weekend i guess is okay. this is to inform you that i did add the shippers money to your payment of which you will help me in sending to the shipper as soon as you receive the payment. i will let you have the the shippers payment details as soon as you receive the payment.total amount sent to you is $8000.
waiting to hear from you as soon as you received the payment.
regards,
george.

I have seen this on Cycletrader.com I have seen Busa's and ZX12's for super low prices... the add says bike is in Calif or NY or Minn but when you contact them they say its actually in Spain or Italy ... same thing just reversed.

sounds too good to be true? why yes it is!

I had a pocket bike for sale on the internet and I sold it to someone locally a few days ago. I was asking $900.  Anyway last week a guy emailed me a few times and said that he was sending a $5000 check to me.  He wanted me to cash it, take my $900 out of it and send the remaining $4100 to a shipping company address that he has in Italy so they can come pick it up.

Well his english typing was terrible and it was pretty obvious that he was trying to scam me for some money... Well I told him to send me the check and if I received the check then he would own the bike. I gave him my address and phone# and told him to go ahead and send it..  

Guess what..... A $5000 FAKE check arrived at my front door today.  And tonight I got a phone call from a guy who just about couldnt speak a lick of english..  Of course I knew who it was. I hung up on him because I couldnt understand him.  He has the same language as "Saddam Husein" LOL... He Probabally is an Al Queida member... Makes me want to join our military, fuggn' terriorist!!

He then called me back by Relay (The same service that Deaf people use).  I talked to him through relay and told him that he is a peice of poop and always will be and to go get some kind of job instead of scam peoples money and hung up again.  Well he called me for the 3rd time, and yelled at me for a good minute in his language and then he hung up.

Has this happened to anyone else? I should have not gave him my contact information, because I knew it was a scam and I shouldnt have played around with him.. I just wanted to see if he would really send me a check. :super:

I talked to a bank about this check and they said that it is definitely a FAKE CHECK.  I took a picture of this check for you all to see.  This is rediculous, and I wish there was a way to put people like this 10ft under the ground or behind bars!@

Imagestation.com closed, link removed
That's funny I've been advertising my 00' Yamaha YZF 600 and been receiving an email address from this dude w/ horrible english about sending a check and sending him the difference. I always felt this was a scam, guess my instinct was correct. Thanks for the heads up!

Back