Scam???? Too good to be True??

wjf03

Registered
Found a scam. Too bad. It sounded good..until I thought about it.

It has to do with VIN Number: JS1GW71A632106372 on a Busa.

Found this in Arizona : http://ep.com/js/mi/c0/n0/1684883.html

And then this in London England??
http://www.hoobly.com/listings/7794.html

Same Vin. Same bike. Cannot figure where this guy lives. In the London add it says that he lives in London but the bike is registered in New Jersey. The other posting in Arizona I had some communication with. He said he was in Yuma.

Also. Communication from this guy was short. Nothing more that 2 sentences with very bad english. I know that busa's are all over, but this person gave every excuse in the book.

Better Pictures? Sorry bike already boxed up. (I guess he forgot about the pics in London);->

Use an online Escrow account? OneClickTransfer only....which has no wording about if there is a "Discrepancy" about the transaction.

Alright. The basics for buying a bike online are................

1. Get copy of the persons Drivers License. You need to know who you are dealing with. You are sending them a check, right? Who do I make it out to?

2. Get a copy of the title. Anyone can get a Vin these days.

3. Use a good Escrow Service......NO NOT PAYPAL!!! Escrow.com etc.

4. Have the bike inspected by an authorized dealership. It might cost you a couple of hundred to do, but it you don't you could loose a couple of thousand.

5. Determine if you can pick up the bike in person. I could have flown to AZ cheaper than it would be to have the bike shipped. I'm in GA and might enjoy the 1,900 ride. He!

If you get any hesitation or their answers leave you with more questions.......walk away. It the deal is too good to be true.....it is.

Well I guess I won't be getting my busa after all........yet. I guess a Ninja will have to do for now. Sigh.......

Safe riding everyone.

Hey don't be discouraged by on bad trader, keep a check on the board and check to see if any members know of a good deal..... If you get a Ninja and wanted a busa... you're gonna be real unhappy as you head home on it you always gonna be thinking "I should have gotten the busa".

Thanks for the positives.

The Ninja is a 93 600e in spectacular condition. I'm fine for now.

I know I will get a busa. My wife has told me that she is looking for one for me. She's just been put on permenant medical leave....She's not bad......not so bad that she won't ride with me. But I will give you this. She is determined.

What a lucky ba$tard I am.

Back