SCAM ALERT--larrygarison@yahoo.com

The one I like is the really pretty girl that befriends you via Myspace and quickly takes you to a private email account. As soon as you communicate offline the talk quickly goes to needing money for tuition. I love to toy with them and string them along saying I am sending money as long as possible to monopolize their time!

Definite scammer. I cant believe people fall for this, but they do. Something is really fishy when someone wants to give you more than you are asking! Craigslist is bad on this.

I've been trying to confirm a rumor I've heard--that banks now have ten (10) business days in which to take back money they've paid to you--even if it's by certified check, money order, or cashier's check. Can't seem to find the statute(s) or regulation(s).

I've been trying to confirm a rumor I've heard--that banks now have ten (10) business days in which to take back money they've paid to you--even if it's by certified check, money order, or cashier's check. Can't seem to find the statute(s) or regulation(s).

You'll want to review "Regulation CC" .

Additional reference.

Or a less technical source.

Regulation CC limits the amount of time a bank can hold deposited funds. Occasionally...and particularly with forms of payment well outside the local area, checks can be returned for non sufficient funds or fraud reasons after the bank was required to fully credit the funds to the customer's account. In this event, the bank will actually go into that customer's account and withdraw the previously credited funds...even if it creates a negative balance.

Among other things, I am a Western Union agent, and these scams are an ongoing problem...though in four years I've not seen one at my location. I have seen a counterfeit traveler's check scam that nearly cost us $2000.

They prey on the stupid, elderly, or young among us...also among the "something for nothing" crowd.

I hope this helps answer your question, and shed some light on how these scams work. The perpretrator sends excess funds in counterfeit cashier's checks, personal checks, money orders, traveler's checks, etc. The recipient deposits said financial instruments in their bank account. The bank places a hold on the funds for as long as their bank regulations, or Regulation CC requires, then releases the funds. The customer then sends all or a portion of the excess funds via Western Union or other wire transfer service to the original sender of the counterfeit checks. Once the funds are received by the perpretator, there is no recourse for the victim. A day or two later the bank will start calling the victim to inform them they have a negative balance (if appropriate), or the victim will notice the deduction from their account on their own if there is no negative balance. If the victim has a negative balance, they will have to come up with a method to correct that a.s.a.p.

Last edited:
Hey there is a Nigerian prince that owes me $15,432,222.08:laugh:

HEY! Don't be movin' in on my long lost 2 brothers, 2nd cousins,once removed, great uncles inheritence!!! I only have just 2 more Western(credit) Union payments of $5000.00 to the United Bank of Nigria- And then they are gonna deposit in all in the bank account of my choice. Have some respect for for my peeps,will ya! Damn...:banghead: Some people....

:lol:

See if you can do a face to face with this scum bag, if so let me know so i can let the busa run over his neck by accident. OOPS MY BAD

Actually, I've spent quite a bit of time talking to my banker about this. Yes, even a cashier's check CAN be returned under some circumstances.

The only think they CAN'T take back is a WIRE TRANSFER. A wire is the ONLY sure way to make sure your funds are received and in good order.

Actually, I've spent quite a bit of time talking to my banker about this. Yes, even a cashier's check CAN be returned under some circumstances.

The only think they CAN'T take back is a WIRE TRANSFER. A wire is the ONLY sure way to make sure your funds are received and in good order.

Good to know ... thanks!

Screw all these *******s,cheaters who always thinks of ways to cheat our hard earn blood money

The only thing they CAN'T take back is a WIRE TRANSFER. A wire is the ONLY sure way to make sure your funds are received and in good order.

Actually, you can retract a wire transfer if you do it right. Be careful with wires, too.

--Wag--

Back