SCAM ALERT--larrygarison@yahoo.com

partycrasher

Registered
Members BEWARE--I have my bike listed for sale in the classifieds section. I am getting emails from this guy--he wants to send my $15000 which is about $5000 more than what my asking price for the bike is-----so that i can then send him $5000 back. THIS IS A SCAM!! WATCH OUT!!!

i dont get the scam. he sends you 15k. you give him 5k in change. why would he do that. is this like getting a cash advance from his bank on the loan?

No, they deposit the check, get credit for it, send him the money...all before the victim's bank figures out the check was bogus. Then they come back to the victim, take all the money back, and the bad guy is gone by the time everyone figures it out.

Ask him for a face-to-face transaction...man, wouldn't I like to get my hands around that guy's neck (or, better yet, in police handcuffs)

Members BEWARE--I have my bike listed for sale in the classifieds section. I am getting emails from this guy--he wants to send my $15000 which is about $5000 more than what my asking price for the bike is-----so that i can then send him $5000 back. THIS IS A SCAM!! WATCH OUT!!!

Typically they make a payment into your account for $15000.
You then send him $5000 of your money.

Then within a few days the bank retracts the $15000 deposit as the payment made was from a stolen cheque or false account.

You are then minus your $5000.

An old Nigerian scam!???

Good lookin out, cant belive people fall for this stuff Duh Have him drop the cash off at my house and I'll make sure he gets the correct change HAHA

Typically they make a payment into your account for $15000.
You then send him $5000 of your money.

Then within a few days the bank retracts the $15000 deposit as the payment made was from a stolen cheque or false account.

You are then minus your $5000.

An old Nigerian scam!???

Hey there is a Nigerian prince that owes me $15,432,222.08:laugh:

Ask him for a face-to-face transaction...man, wouldn't I like to get my hands around that guy's neck (or, better yet, in police handcuffs)

The handcuffs after a tad of BUSA thief justice, with all due respect. Start a little victim justice program and watch this crap cease quickly!:laugh:

I know people fall for it, i just dont know why. Why would someone send you 15k, and ask for 5k back? Why wouldnt they just send 10k? Am i too dumb too be a criminal?

Back