SB435 Calif law moves forward

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Here it is again ... not sure what this will mean for all of us but it moved forward. :(

Bikers Of America, Know Your Rights!: sb 435 what's next ?

More details :

http://www.abate.org/

Here is what I posted last year :

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/rand...f-start-smog-checking-motorcycles-update.html

I think I'll move to Nevada ... :banghead:

Carbon Seat 002b.JPG

Last edited:
And people wonder why lots of people and companies are leaving Commie-fornia :laugh:

Remember, "DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO" . I'am sure there is an OUT for the Politicians and THEIR friends :rulez:

thats sucks, cali is a great state with alot to offer. but they are ruining it for anyone with a hobby. no car mods, conserving the desert, stupid gun laws, and now lets crack down on those pesky motorcyclists.

pathetic thing is even though they pass the things to create revenue the further in debt they slide.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Kent, I was just talking about this last weekend while riding with a friend. I am ashamed of ABATE for making a deal, they should have demanded the complete withdrawal of the bill and opposed it in any form or fashion. All you California riders should be sending letters, emails and making phone calls to your state representatives. More useless legislation and government intrusion.

Move to Florida. Several yrs ago they did away with all 'smog' checks for all vehicles cuz being the fact we are a peninsular state the air doesnt stay over us long enough to make a diff. This was Jeb Bushes arguement and the govt in Fl. bought it. We used to have to pay $35 bucks a yr to have our cars and all things inspected but now nothing. :cheerleader:

Inspect this Kalifornia...:moon: and see if any smog comes out...:rofl:

CaLIFONIA sucks and if it weren't fro my children I would be out of this state! They do whatever they want in this state! Our votes and words don't mean a damn thing cause someone higher up is either sqwandering the money or is getting paid off somehow someway

Yup, grew up in California and after a hitch in the Army, moved to Nevada when I was 21. Best move I ever made. Admittedly though, the best riding roads are on the left side of the Sierras (CA).

Move to Florida. Several yrs ago they did away with all 'smog' checks for all vehicles cuz being the fact we are a peninsular state the air doesnt stay over us long enough to make a diff. This was Jeb Bushes arguement and the govt in Fl. bought it. We used to have to pay $35 bucks a yr to have our cars and all things inspected but now nothing. :cheerleader:

Inspect this Kalifornia...:moon: and see if any smog comes out...:rofl:

how i miss my home state of florida. i yearn for the day in 3 years when my contract is up and i move back! beaches + riding + awesome weather = amazing

This really sucks because I'm sure the lovely state of NY will be next in line for this! I can't wait to move to NC

Come to Georgia. We don't have any kind of emissions test. We just pay for our tags every year and that is it. :thumbsup:

Damn I miss Texas! I would not be living here in HellA, or Kalifornia for that matter if the USG had not stationed us here. My wife likes it b/c she was born here and grew up here, but I don't see the appeal, and frankly I loathe the place. Oh well, only another year and a half, and we are transferred overseas again- I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it's to a country where I can ride my Busa.

We've had that on our cars since god knows when...
and on the bikes from -99 we have a to have the stock exhaust on but just to keep
the sound down.. Think it's 84dB at 5400rpm..
So every second year I have to remove the Yoshi system and put on the
stocker and go and have it tested (takes 15 minutes) then I put the yoshi back on..
But we can get a ticket as well if the police thinks we're to loud.. Not happended so far but if I see a cop I just don't rev it about 3500 and then it's quite as a mouse.. :D

thats sucks, cali is a great state with alot to offer. but they are ruining it for anyone with a hobby. no car mods, conserving the desert, stupid gun laws, and now lets crack down on those pesky motorcyclists.

pathetic thing is even though they pass the things to create revenue the further in debt they slide.

And some people want the entire Country to be run like California...

It's all about MO-Money.!!
Emissions on motorcycles is a moot point anyway.!!
If they're so worried about emissions, why are they burning BILLIONS of gallons of crude oil
in the GOM. ???
What a crock.!!

Back