Saying Hello and a life lesson...

RYC1966

Donating Member
Registered
On Halloween I had a beer or two... (In years past I drank way to much vodka and quit for a few months) enough to freak out my pancreas...not good to say the least. By Friday noon time I could hardly take a deep breath or keep anything my stomach. I thought it would go away...a few hours later I was in the er being told you are going to the icu to see what they can do for you. For 5 days I was on an iv drip for hydration and vitamins + pain killers as needed. Just to touch the area felt like getting stabbed. On doc commented that it is very similar to the pain level of giving birth...(Chicks must be tough) Eventually I was allowed clear liquids for few days working into a few days of blad / real food. I would not wish that pain on anybody. I have to start attending the groups again and promise myself never again can I drink...not an option anymore. He said I am lucky how it turned out...sometimes the chronic levels do not go back to normal levels. What a rough experience. If anybody would like to pm me and offer advice I am all for it...

Take care, Ryan

Some form of exercise(workouts,walks,etc...) is a good thing to occupy your thoughts and keep you healthy. Healthy Body= Healthy Mind.

I am 7 months sober. Could no do it without at least 1 meeting a week, usually 2. I would suggest you find a group you really like. The group I found are a bunch of bikers. I look forward to my meeting and 7 months is the longest I have been sober since I was 16.

I'm glad you're ok...so sorry to hear you've been going through this...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Nothing beats a great support "network" (friends and family and groups) and other interests. Find a glorious distraction that you can turn to when all else fails. Something healthy that you look forward to, enjoy while you're in it and miss when you're away from it.

Best of luck!

I hope you heal up well. Ive noticed that wake up calls seem to get more severe the more you ignore them. God knocking a little harder each time.

for a timeline I had three incidents to take note of...this being the final / no other option but to give the booze up for good. Just taking a breath huts because the internal organs are moving around. I can live with the pain I'm now in the event it does not fully recover. One enzyme value is supposed to be 300 something and I am at 1300....when I went in it was in the chronic range...100 x's to high. Being in a hospital is no treat either. Having a dementia senior who prefers to go the bathroom in his bed to the bathroom creates a unique odor...all the beeping, alarms going off, moaning and yelling it is very hard to sleep...I am just so glad to be home.

glad you bounced back from that mess.:thumbsup: i grew out of drinking heavily in my 20's and with family/hobbies, drinking is an interference on my lifestyle. i like to ride, board & mtb and none of those mesh with booze. waking up with a hangover while my kids pile in the bed at 0600 doesn't help either.

glad you're on the road to recovery...one step/day at a time :agree:

Back