Say hello to Lucy, the new shop bike.

Rob I need to get Ram Jam over for a tune ;)

Let me know some dates. You know I’m easy to get ahold of.

Excuse my lack of knowledge. Is E 98 made of 98% ethanol and 2% gasoline? And sold by the drum? Or can buy it at a pump at a gas STN? Up here all we have is "may contain up to 10% ethanol". Usually in regular and medium. Some premiums are pure gas at 93 octane which is what I use. Thank you for any clarification you can provide

E85= 85% ethanol, 15% gasoline. So yes, E98 is 98% ethanol, 2% gasoline.

“E85” out of the pump here is almost never 85%. Usually around 70%. But then again, every once in awhile they mix it wrong and end up with 95, and even have gotten 100%. That’s why I never suggest tuning a bike or a car on e85 unless you plan to run it from a drum, or you have full flex fuel capabilities.

And from what my content sensors have shown me is all gasoline usually has exactly 10% ethanol.

Well that is useful information. Thank you. So far north of the 49th we can't get 85 or 98. Is water absorption a problem with the high ethanol content?

Well that is useful information. Thank you. So far north of the 49th we can't get 85 or 98. Is water absorption a problem with the high ethanol content?

Is it is. That’s where a lot of guys go wrong. They’ll full a drum of e85 and let it set because it “makes the ethanol content go up.” Thing is, when using an ethanol sensor if you add water to e85, it will read higher on the sensor. However, if you do a manual test, it will show lower then what you started with.

Then those guys have no idea why their cars are running so crappy when the content is higher. It’s just one of those things you need to be aware of.

Soooooo I’m not sure if it was the e85, or the pump was just junk from sitting. But the fuel pump decided to go out.

I figured I was just gonna gut the in tank pump and put one of my turbo fuel systems on in so I could ride it a few more weekends.... But then I had a change of heart.

I figure it’s on the lift, might as well put a turbo on it. As much as I enjoy riding it, the lack of power stresses me out. Seriously.

I did put a new windscreen, grips, bar ends billet rear sets and 6 over tail on it. Don’t think the tail will be on there long as I just built a gsxr tail conversion that actually looks good on a customers bike. So I’m probably gonna go that route. I have a 6 over arm on order as well too.

So for now it’s gonna be a nice little stock motor stage 1 set up that I want to lean on with x98 fuel.
0C842BB1-5E0C-45A2-8ED0-88A5BD250A09.jpeg

2E7636E1-3425-470A-8F80-AC76FAF6F1A4.jpeg

A9502109-21B2-4D5F-B7EA-05F64C23E5E9.jpeg

"Your turbo fuel system" sure looks like a copy or "our turbo fuel system" I never thought you were the knock off kind of guy Rob!

Richard

Different regulator, same pump, similar filter but metal element rated for e85. I can send you the cad file for the bracket if you like. I can assure you it’s not a copy of yours. It is indeed different. Smaller , and moves the pump over to a spot I feel works a little better for getting the lines down to the right side of the pump.

Wow! So basically you had one of our fuel system in your hands, but changed a few things and call it your own now and the only reason the regulator is different is because you could not find the one we use, lol, remember you called me and asked where to buy them and if I bought them all up. Classy! I spent all the time designing a bracket, fuel pump location, lines and fittings, but you are happy to change a couple of small things, and now call it your own. I just never pegged you for this kind of guy Rob, I wish you all the luck in your new business venture!

Last edited:
I don't see how a pump and some lines areally copying...how many different ways can you mount a pump,and run a couple lines....I don't think Robert copied you at all

Now a specific funky design plenum,I could see that

Like take this custom plenum for carb bikes,he's made a cool 2 pilot tube setup,that you can change the sizes...now if someone made one just like it,that would be copying

FB_IMG_15504333706687476.jpg

He has purchased one of our fuel systems, now he has one that mounts in the same location, on the same bolt mount, has admitted to moving the pump over, which means he referenced ours in order to do that. It is quite a unique bracket and location for it, had he mounted a pump some place else, then yes it would not be a copy. Not really sure what he does full time, but I work at my business RCC Turbos full time, I support my wife and 2 kids from this business, and pay an employee. So when I design a product, bring it to market and sell it to another business that is a dealer for our products, and then they come out with an extremely similar product, and call it their own is really an insult, at best it is a modified RCC Turbos fuel system. I can guarantee he would not come up with that bracket and pump location if he had not installed ours.

Richard

So if you are making that plenum, and selling them, and I buy one form you and move those 2 nipples over a 1/4" then I have not copied it? Is that correct based on your opinion?

Richard

I don't see how a pump and some lines areally copying...how many different ways can you mount a pump,and run a couple lines....I don't think Robert copied you at all

Now a specific funky design plenum,I could see that

Like take this custom plenum for carb bikes,he's made a cool 2 pilot tube setup,that you can change the sizes...now if someone made one just like it,that would be copying

View attachment 1594569

Wow! So basically you had one of our fuel system in your hands, but changed a few things and call it your own now and the only reason the regulator is different is because you could not find the one we use, lol, remember you called me and asked where to buy them and if I bought them all up. Classy! I spent all the time designing a bracket, fuel pump location, lines and fittings, but you are happy to change a couple of small things, and now call it your own. I just never pegged you for this kind of guy Rob, I wish you all the luck in your new business venture!

Richard, you really need to calm down. You’re getting all upset over a bracket. Did I say anywhere that I was selling that fuel system? Nope. Perhaps I should of worded it differently? Remember when we talked about that regulator over the phone I was replacing the one the bike that tuned out to be flooded? I had to replace the pump, filter, and regulator and fast. So I sourced everything locally and came across those filters and regulators. You may also recall from that convo about my Large pump in tank returning fuel hats that I’ve been developing.

The header I made hangs the turbo in front of the engine. I guess I’m copying you on that too along with every shop that makes a header that hangs there? I’m going to make an air box out of sheet metal. I mean it’s sheet metal, and fits on a turbo hayabusa under the gas tank. You used to make them that way. Am I copying you on that too?

681F968F-5F92-4BD3-8EA2-8AE1A1C17AA6.jpeg

Honestly I hate being a smart ass about this, and hate to see you’re upset about it as I’ve been selling and supporting your products for years. Hell I’ve even put my foot in my own mouth standing up for your products when I wasn’t aware of the recent turbo change recently if you remember.

No doubt it’s a good place for a pump. And not many ways you can change a little bracket. But I sure as hell didn’t lay a piece of paper over your bracket to make mine. I took some measurements of the shock mount, drew one up in Fusion, and cut it out on my plasma table.

Someone got Twisted up real quick. Why give out the information and when you sell a product it is out there. Be secure imitation is the best form of flattery. Kind of like tattoo art/flash once it is out there it is free game. Don't think his intentions were to hurt your business in anyway.

Someone got Twisted up real quick. Why give out the information and when you sell a product it is out there. Be secure imitation is the best form of flattery. Kind of like tattoo art/flash once it is out there it is free game. Don't think his intentions were to hurt your business in anyway.
Don’t think it’s just about the bracket. Boosted said he was bringing to market a turbo kit.

Is there a patent on anything ?????? If not then it is a closed case . There is nothing special about a bracket , a Turbo , and a plenum . They have all been around longer than any one in this thread has been in business.
Turbo technology did not start on a Hayabusa. Where the problem lies here is a threat of competition.
Wasn't there a thread just recently saying RCC stuff is going up in price ?

I have known Rob has been planning turbo kits for some time now, its not new. I really don't care, he can try it if he likes. But it does bug me when I trust someone, refer work to them, and they basically copy a specific part we have made. I know you guys think whats the big deal? You will never understand it and I will not try to explain it, I have better things to do,

Richard

Back