Say hello to Lucy, the new shop bike.

Boosted Cycle Perf

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
So I’ve been holding off for the last few years waiting on the gen 3 to come out. Buuuuttttt as we all know now, that’s a pipe dream.

So last week I decided it was time to get my own bike again. I neeeded my own again anyways as I have some of my own in house manufacturered parts I need to do some final testing on.

So here she is. A decent orange 08, with 14k on her. She manages to take REALLY good pictures despite the orange paint being pretty badly faded from being parked in the direct Texas sun, under a car port. I was able to talk the guy down to $4500, so there’s plenty of money left over to buy replacement OEM body panels to get this doll ready for the HP party.

As y’all may have seen the impressive numbers that silver stage 1 gen 2 bike on E98 made. I want to find out why it picked up 45hp with no additional ignition timing added. I have a theory why it did so well, and it falls in line with the concept of how meth injection works.

Also on the subject of e85, I’ll be testing our add of flex fuel set up. The goal right now is to go out and race all night, and if you can’t make it home on the remaining e85, that you’ll be able to top off with 93, or any pump e85 and at least be able to run well enough to get home.

Before I put a turbo on the bike, I’m going to remove the cats from the stock header, and also test a stock, na engine on e85. I’ve always assumed they won’t pick up much, if any as that’s usually the case on NA cars/trucks but, with other recent results with that fuel, there could be surprising and meaningful gains to be had.

Tuning theory, fuels, turbos, ecus have made huge strides in the last 10 years. So I’m really open to seeing what can be applied to these bikes to make more efficient power, as well other cost effective solutions to turbocharging these bikes, or any modern bike for that matter.

This should be fun and interesting to see what I can come up with. And as long as there’s general interest I’ll keep progressing.
70725A0B-C9E5-4046-9E2C-0CAF972EE513.jpeg

So I’ve been holding off for the last few years waiting on the gen 3 to come out. Buuuuttttt as we all know now, that’s a pipe dream.

So last week I decided it was time to get my own bike again. I neeeded my own again anyways as I have some of my own in house manufacturered parts I need to do some final testing on.

So here she is. A decent orange 08, with 14k on her. She manages to take REALLY good pictures despite the orange paint being pretty badly faded from being parked in the direct Texas sun, under a car port. I was able to talk the guy down to $4500, so there’s plenty of money left over to buy replacement OEM body panels to get this doll ready for the HP party.

As y’all may have seen the impressive numbers that silver stage 1 gen 2 bike on E98 made. I want to find out why it picked up 45hp with no additional ignition timing added. I have a theory why it did so well, and it falls in line with the concept of how meth injection works.

Also on the subject of e85, I’ll be testing our add of flex fuel set up. The goal right now is to go out and race all night, and if you can’t make it home on the remaining e85, that you’ll be able to top off with 93, or any pump e85 and at least be able to run well enough to get home.

Before I put a turbo on the bike, I’m going to remove the cats from the stock header, and also test a stock, na engine on e85. I’ve always assumed they won’t pick up much, if any as that’s usually the case on NA cars/trucks but, with other recent results with that fuel, there could be surprising and meaningful gains to be had.

Tuning theory, fuels, turbos, ecus have made huge strides in the last 10 years. So I’m really open to seeing what can be applied to these bikes to make more efficient power, as well other cost effective solutions to turbocharging these bikes, or any modern bike for that matter.

This should be fun and interesting to see what I can come up with. And as long as there’s general interest I’ll keep progressing.View attachment 1590148
Well you are definitely sniffing around something. Understand you need to keep your thoughts as to why close to the chest but sounds like on cusp of making a lot more cash soon. Oh and nice bike and price bet that guy wanted to punch you in the head at $4500.

Well you are definitely sniffing around something. Understand you need to keep your thoughts as to why close to the chest but sounds like on cusp of making a lot more cash soon. Oh and nice bike and price bet that guy wanted to punch you in the head at $4500.

Tbh, with fuel testing that’s not gonna make me any money. More just show my skill, and willingness to embrace new technology. Running e85 in a streetbike has been a sort of taboo as everyone with rather just chalk it up to fuel mileage sucks, so you shouldn’t do it.

Hey, I didn’t put a gun to the guys head. I just simply realized the massive error in how it was listed for sale. I scrolled past it several times because of that error. It was for sale for 5 months. He was ready to move on it, and I just so happen to know exactly what new bodywork costs, and had several good comps to what a good condition 08 should be selling for.

Tbh, with fuel testing that’s not gonna make me any money. More just show my skill, and willingness to embrace new technology. Running e85 in a streetbike has been a sort of taboo as everyone with rather just chalk it up to fuel mileage sucks, so you shouldn’t do it.

Hey, I didn’t put a gun to the guys head. I just simply realized the massive error in how it was listed for sale. I scrolled past it several times because of that error. It was for sale for 5 months. He was ready to move on it, and I just so happen to know exactly what new bodywork costs, and had several good comps to what a good condition 08 should be selling for.
I only paid slightly more for my '09 (at a dealer too)....

This one will serve as a great platform to play with and we will reap the benefits.

I only paid slightly more for my '09 (at a dealer too)....

This one will serve as a great platform to play with and we will reap the benefits.

NADA values 08s from $5300-6200. He was asking 6500 to start and was convinced that it was in good shape. While it hasn’t been down, and the bodywork isn’t cracked, it’s just really faded. I rolled that in to what bodywork costs, leaky fork seals, length of time it’s been for sale, low ball offers, and people wanting to get the bike financed he seemed very understanding and realized what I was saying.

He has almost 20 bikes, and really liked the Busa. He was familiar with my shop and what I do. So he knew it was going to a good home, and he’d be able to check up on it. So it was a win for everyone.

$4500 is definitely a sweet deal. For that, I would have picked it up as a daily beater bike LOL I do like the orange though, but you can do a badass wrap on this thing!

I like to run ethanol free 93 octane up here as I do not get to ride as often as I like. And I have heard so much about water absorption on e anything. I'll be looking to tune it to that in the spring.
But it will be interesting to see a side by side comparison on the same dyno by someone who has experience with both the bike and the dyno
Carry on

$4500 is definitely a sweet deal. For that, I would have picked it up as a daily beater bike LOL I do like the orange though, but you can do a badass wrap on this thing!

I bought my 07 two weeks before they released the 08s. I wanted on orange one the second I saw one on the showroom floor, but I couldn’t take the loss from just buying the 07. I’ve had many chances to buy orange 08s over the years, but they’ve always slipped away from me one way or another. This is getting brand new oem bodywork, and a powdercoated frame so I can get that factory fresh feel I never had... but it won’t be slow!

I like to run ethanol free 93 octane up here as I do not get to ride as often as I like. And I have heard so much about water absorption on e anything. I'll be looking to tune it to that in the spring.
But it will be interesting to see a side by side comparison on the same dyno by someone who has experience with both the bike and the dyno
Carry on

The aem failsafe wideband/ethanol content gauge came in today. Just waiting on the data logger now. Then I’ll gut the exhaust and start moving forward.

No blower for him. I was gonna give him the hook up on a new spiny muffler.

The aem failsafe wideband/ethanol content gauge came in today.

Ok I am totally out of my depth now. Or "lost" in lay mans terms . you guys just carry no I will wait for the pictures . :)

Back