Saw my first Blackbird last night.

OB_Kirk

Registered
Actually, there were two of them. They were both black. I think they look best in black. The only one that I had seen before was a grey one on the dealer's showroom floor. One of the Blackbird owners had his bike all the way up to 105mph (no typo) once. I think I did better than that 15 minutes after getting out of the shower yesterday. In second gear.

I saw a grey one tonight. That makes three inside of 24 hrs. Had no interest in stopping to visit. Same reaction from second ZX-12R, a green one this time. Seems like the only people who want to run me are middle class white kids trying to look like asian gangsters in flatulent Honda Civics. What's with removing the springs and muffler from a perfectly good Honda Civic and then hanging a coffee can under the rear bumper?

[This message has been edited by Kirk (edited 10 July 2000).]

They do that down here. I swear, one kid I saw in a CRX, had what looked like galvanized vent ducting for a clothes dryer, for his exhaust pipe. That kid gave me a great laugh, what a joke!

For someone who can really ride, the Blackbird is a fine bike. The Mach II video gives it a pretty good review. But the Mothership (Busa) still rules.

Congratulations! I am honored that you would chose my thread to do that on. By the way, I don't actually race Civics. Standard joke: I ask the kids at a stoplight "Want to see me do a wheelie?". They just about fall out of their hooptie saying yes, and then I tell them "too bad".

i own both a 97 xx and a 00 blue/silver.

the xx is more refined, more comfortable
the busa is ape **** nuts, more power, more torque, more flickable, and far better brakes.

Back