Saw Godsmack & Breaking Benjamin last night

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
I'm a hung-over piece of shid right now so sorry if this write up is lacking...What a night though. Almost as good as when we saw them at Jones Beach NY. The pre show party was awesome - all the beer, wine, soda you can drink, chicken wings, nacho's and stuff like that. Then Godsmack came in for about 15 mins - we got to meet them again, chat briefly and get pictures taken. After that we were each issued our goody bag containing an autographed 8 x 10, an exclusive shirt available only to those who purchased the VIP package, key chain, leather bracelet, I think there's something else, and we each got a laminate specifying our VIP status. (I like being treated like royalty). Then there was a raffle, jackets, t-shirts and that kind of thing. My wife yelled at the top of her lungs that she had won - only thing is she the last 2 digits reversed and didn't win. The woman doing the raffle felt bad and gave her a shirt anyway, the whole place was laughing their arses off. Man oh man did I knock back some beers. My wife drove so I let it rip. Heinekens all night for Kevin. When you purchase these VIP packages you don't know what your seats are going to be until the pre show party. You are guaranteed a seat in the first 10 rows. So like I did at Jones Beach after I got my envelope I didn't look inside right away, instead I waited about a half hour. I like the excitement to mount. We ended up getting front row center again! I couldn't believe it! I usually have crap luck so to get front center twice in a row really got me jacked up. Breaking Benjamin came out. I only know the new song (Diary of Jane) and the one from a few years ago. Let me tell you they were incredible live! I caught a stick from the drummer. The dude next to me plays drums and is a huge Breaking Benjamin fan so I gave him the stick. He was so happy. Then Smack came on. They are one of my all time favs so to be that close again was so cool. I caught a stick from Shannon (Godsmack drummer). I kept that fugger. I have 4 Godsmack sticks now because last time Sully (singer) handed one directly to my wife then at the end of the show Shannon handed one to each to my wife and I. I drank wayyyyy too much. In addition to all the free beer I drank I still ended up spending $45 on alcohol. During the intermission I get tapped on the shoulder by security. I'm like wtf! I know I'm drunk bet I'm not being an a$$hole so I didn't know what to think but right away I'm standoffish (good 'ol booze). Turns out one of the guys we partied with last time (Randy) was up above us and wanted to talk so we went over. It was all hugs and stuff. Great guy. This time we exchanged phone numbers and have plans to see him and his family at some point. After the show we went to Johnny Rockets (nothing better then a greasy burger & fries when your drunk). My wife drove home, I went to bed right away because I had to come to work today. I woke up still buzzed big time. After a trip to Micky D's (needed more grease) I'm at work now, still got around 8 hrs to go and I feel like a bus hit me, I can barely talk, and sudden movements and these damn fluorescent light are making me want to purge. Was it worth it?

I'D DO IT AGAIN TONIGHT BABY
jump9.gif

Thanks for reading. Kevin

cool i caught them here in KC with Rob Zombie and Shinedown, awesome show, even took my kids 6 and 12, lol they had a blast..
beerchug.gif

Back