Saw an 05 LE today

I may get lambasted for this but I gotz nads so I'll just blurt it out! LOL!!!

I think all the LE's are a sham...and here's why...they're all freaking monotone!!! LOL!!!...your paying more for less!!! LOL!!!...less paint, less tape, less grahics and less cost yet Suzi gets to charge a premium for those two little letters "LE"...a stroke of brilliance marketing wise...but I yet to see any color combo DUOTONE BUSA that impresses or inspires me less than the LE's....and ANY of the grahic effort the artisans put into the DuoTone Busa's I've seen have done nothing but ENHANCE the beautiful lines of the Busa's body art...where the LE's are like...Big & Blah look'in.

But that's JMHO and based on very subjective personal preference...as in..opinions may vary. LOL!!!

But mine won't..LOL!!! L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Well dude you pretty much summed up how I feel to. I think this is a sexy bike and the dual tone scheme just accents the curves and makes it look so street fighter mean. To each his own though I guess. I think the reason the LE's have sold so well is nothing more than dealer hype. They get the customer that comes in and doesn't know much about a Busa to begin with. Once they know they are interested they give them "the speech".......you know. "If you like the Busa lemme show you this LIMITED edition we have over here. Each dealer in the country only gets one of these......I can put you on this one for just 300$ more." And for some people I think thats enough to make em take the bait

Well, I went to the local Suk shop today to pick up some goodies, and they had an 05 LE in the showroom. I,ve been reading all the hype about how great the color was, and I guess I was expecting to much or something, but I was very disapointed when I saw it. The Gun Metal Grey is more like just like plain ol grey, with silver metalic in it. The black frame and the grey just sorta make it look kinda blah.
Yup...

I walked right past it in the showroom - didn't even see it. I too expected it to be more blue-gray, or to have 'something'. I'd imagine there's going to be a lot of close calls on this one.

I'm sorely disappointed.

Steve

LOL, maybe they put the two tone paint shcemes on your Busas for a reason ...cause its a big fugly ride! The LE isn't trying to look better with a little makeup and some lip liner,
it's just being itself one color for the REAL man, no slick touch ups to show the lines! LOL...what's the diference guys..the important thing is we all have the most awsome bike that has ever existed..that makes US a family of riders whom loves our rides. Ohh it's an LE let's string him up! , that's what this is starting to sound like. And you know what not one LE owner will say his bike looks bad, and not one two tone will say "Hey I shoulda got the LE". I've got the LE 05 and in the sun it looks great, at night it looks super stealth, and if I take an inside pic with too much flash the paint looks flat as hell.
In the morning it looks lighter than at dusk! So I have four paint jobs in one!!!

<!--EDIT|Limitless
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114440463 -->

Since i received my le last tuesday, i have had endless compliments about the color. It looks way better when the sun comes out. I put some blue led's on her last night. Man, that set her off!!

Everyone has their different opinions, and likes and dislikes. I personally think the LE color looks awesome. (that's why Im waiting on one) I personally like the fact that it is a solid color (when I had my 01 Busa I repainted it a solid color) because i prefere that over a two-tone. We all can agree that the Busa is a bad-azz bike, whatever color yours happens to be.

As I posted in another thread I too walked right past the 05 LE, and it was OUTSIDE in the sun. Reminded me of Honda gray used on some older bikes....

Hey!!! LOL!!!...Rule #1 is "Nobody Is Allowed To Take Me Seriouse" and THAT'S AN ORDER!!!
tounge.gif

My color is faster than your color is a biotch argument in my book but hey...to each their own...but I still say that "LE" stands for..

"LESS EFFORT"

and the paint and body shop guys out there know it's true!!!
laugh.gif

But again...I refer you to rule #1.
tounge.gif

L8R, BusaBill & The DuoTones!!! (has a ring to it dosen't it?
laugh.gif
)

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Well I may get slammed for this but here is my opinion on the limiteds. I do not think the Busa looks good at all done up in one flat color. The bike is too big and long to pull off a scheme like that. It needs a little color variation to make it look good. On top of that notion the new Busa's do not impress me at all. I went to see one in the showroom when it first came out because I am in love with the Blk/Gry scheme on it. Hence the reason I have a blk/gry 03. Well I saw the Gry/blk 05 on the website and was pumped. Then I got to the dealer and was like oh my god. It's horrible. They cheaped out and did not even paint the fairing they used freaking decals. Then on the front wheel fender half way down it looks like Suzuki didn't even finish it. Also a minor detail but I love the look of SUZUKI across the gas tank. Now they just have the S logo. That works for the gixxer cuz its a smaller bike but the busa looked better with it all across the tank. All in all I am not a fan of the limited color schemes and each year have thought they were ugly. The 03 orange is the one I hate the most then the 04 red then the gry is not too bad but I still don't care for it. The blk frame is cool but not enough to make me go for those colors. All in all it doesn't fit the bike and the 05's in general just dissapoint me. I am glad I got my 03 when I did. Not trying to trash any limited riders cuz like I said this is just my opinion and I know some people will think I am on crack or something for saying it but thats how I feel about em.
I Would hate the '03 as well if I was riding the slowest color!!!

i got my le last week ! almost caved several times over the last four months of non riding weather in new york couple of big disapointments on the standard issue " non le " model IMO , was thinking i could pick one up for cheaper and have it repainted ? then i realize suzuki , to save money ? , has put ,what , maybe 6 square feet of stickers on the paint ? wtf ! le or not its a 10,000 dollar bike , not enough money for a true two tone paint job ? that just sucks ! asked a guy if he would paint one he said either remove the stickers yourself adhesive and all or pick up some new panels without stickers on them ? wtf ! again , so then i ask him do you think they painted behind those stickers ? and i might be able to remove them and leave the paint in tact ? he said i dont know but if i was paintin them and going to put that much sticker work on them < i bet for every 3 bikes i could get a fourth one painted free , so times that by the number of bikes produced translates into a #### load of money back in thier pocket ! but there is only one way to figure that out ? so the non le list for 10999 , the le lists for 11099 its a hundred dollar difference ? next time you see a car goin down the road with a cracked ,faded ,shitty assed bumper sticker on it or a nice shiny spot where there used to be a sticker and the paint has faded around it . thats what you pay less for, IMO, stickers in genral suck ! unless these are some kind of super sticker ? second part of the le that i like . when you are cruising along you are kind of toned down a bit , when you are on that yellow or neon green machine ! the police can pick you out from a mile away , however this le you will kind of blend in but can still open the can of whoop ass with the flick of a wrist ! like some people says i walked right past it ! thankyou ! and another said no modifications they are equal ! thankyou again , let the police and the bike thief go after the wild ones ill just blend , sounds like a dam good advantage to me ?
biggrin.gif
but thats just my opinion , and each is entitled to thier own !

Yep, that is one thing nobody can argue with, the 05' LE blends in big time, remove all the stickers and you have virutally invisible Busa.
smile.gif

85 miles an hour past the police he didnt lift his head ? was it the color? maybe he was sleepin ? if it was green , yellow, or red and black , would i have got a ticket ? we should have a poll on the highest ticketed color ! and i realy hate stickers ! started picking them off at the dealer when i was waitin for the paperwork
wink.gif

I think your on to something there! I went past the police today at noon going 20 miles over the posted limit. I was showing what the bike can do to a guy I met riding today.
He was doing maybe 5 miles over the limit behind me. The Police were at the corner gas station just coming out behind both of us. They pulled him over and completely ignored my
05 LE! He got a warning and they did not even look at me. "HEY I'M INVISABLE" Hopefully the regular traffic can see well! By the way he was on a Gixxer 1000 Real awsome Red color!
vader1.gif

<!--EDIT|Limitless
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1114524149 -->

Okay, I officially recant.

I saw an LE today outside, in real genuine sunlight and it's a much nicer color - has a nice glow to it.

Like other folks have said - if you don't like the color at first, have 'em push it outside.

Steve

I saw an LE today outside, in real genuine sunlight and it's a much nicer color - has a nice glow to it.

Like other folks have said - if you don't like the color at first, have 'em push it outside.

Steve
Okay...and just so I'm clear on this...that means if I should buy an LE and wanna show it off in all it's metallic glory to my buds I hafta..

a. Make certain they arrive between the hours of sunrise and sunset and...

b. Not let them veiw it in the garage?
rock.gif

Well...suddenly the "Pumpkin" thing is starting to make sense to me but I'm still a tad foggy on the other shades.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114565906 -->

Steve
Okay...and just so I'm clear on this...that means if I should buy an LE and wanna show it off in all it's metallic glory to my buds I hafta..

rock.gif

Well...suddenly the "Pumpkin" thing is starting to make sense to me but I'm still a tad foggy on the other shades.
laugh.gif
Hmmm, well you could do that -or- you could just go next door and 'borrow' a few of your neighbor's Grow Lamps...
idea.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

Steve

rock.gif

laugh.gif
Hmmm, well you could do that -or- you could just go next door and 'borrow' a few of your neighbor's Grow Lamps...  
idea.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif
Why?...is that how you wound up so indecisive that you wound up having to..."Officially Recant"?
rock.gif

Do another bong hit then roll it back inside and tell us what you think...again...
laugh.gif

wink.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

Back