Saw an 05 LE today

busa1300nut

Registered
Well, I went to the local Suk shop today to pick up some goodies, and they had an 05 LE in the showroom. I,ve been reading all the hype about how great the color was, and I guess I was expecting to much or something, but I was very disapointed when I saw it. The Gun Metal Grey is more like just like plain ol grey, with silver metalic in it. The black frame and the grey just sorta make it look kinda blah. Don,t get me wrong, I,m not doging anyone who has or waiting on one, after all, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but I was expecting a little more out of the LE. If anyone is lookn for one in or around Knoxville TN, Alcoa Honda Susuki has a few in stock.

Saw one too in my local dealer and I was actually impressed. I thought it was dead sexy!
wow.gif

I am waiting for one, and I have seen it (at another dealer) and I think it looks great. The pics I have seen in the sunlight look ever better. but like you said, its all in the eye of the beholder, everyone has different opionions, so its cool if you are not inpressed, I understand.
But I CANT WAIT to get mine !!!

i like it cause i think it gives it kind of a "sleeper"look but i got tired of waiting on mine and bought a blue and silver.by the way to all who buy it be extra careful because grey blends with almost everything and makes you very hard to spot...
umnik.gif

Damn Dakkine2, you are so lucky... good for you, you got your LE already.... Im goinmg crazy here... Waitin for mine !!!,
That pics of your in the sun are simply AWESOME !!
I have sent a link of those pic to everyone I know saying "this is like my bike.. as soon as I get it !!!

from what I have seen it will be worth the wait ! the color is AMAZING !!!

yep grey has the highest amount of accidents and lime green has the least amount.. but do u really want to be caught on a lime green (kawi green) bike?? not even BT will... lol his kawi is black.

" they had an 05 LE in the showroom. "
The problem with this statement is that it was "in the showroom." If you could have rolled that baby outside in the sun I think your opinion would be much different.
I agree. I felt the same way about the red LE last year. Under showroom lighting, it had a pinkish look too it, but that isn't the case when its out in natural sunlight. The '05 LE has that metallic fleck stuff in the paint and I've seen one out on a sunny day and it looked pretty amazing to me.

Well, I went to the local Suk shop today to pick up some goodies, and they had an 05 LE in the showroom. I,ve been reading all the hype about how great the color was, and I guess I was expecting to much or something, but I was very disapointed when I saw it. The Gun Metal Grey is more like just like plain ol grey, with silver metalic in it. The black frame and the grey just sorta make it look kinda blah. Don,t get me wrong, I,m not doging anyone who has or waiting on one, after all, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but I was expecting a little more out of the LE. If anyone is lookn for one in or around  Knoxville TN, Alcoa Honda Susuki has a few in stock.
Ditto...
wink.gif

Well, I went to the local Suk shop today to pick up some goodies, and they had an 05 LE in the showroom. I,ve been reading all the hype about how great the color was, and I guess I was expecting to much or something, but I was very disapointed when I saw it. The Gun Metal Grey is more like just like plain ol grey, with silver metalic in it. The black frame and the grey just sorta make it look kinda blah. Don,t get me wrong, I,m not doging anyone who has or waiting on one, after all, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but I was expecting a little more out of the LE. If anyone is lookn for one in or around  Knoxville TN, Alcoa Honda Susuki has a few in stock.
Thats why we are all called Individuals bro...
biggrin.gif

I've see that color only in pictures.. and it seemed pretty good to me! Call me busa biased
wink.gif

For the most part, the LE's have been single colored bikes through the years, we all know that there was know performance difference between the LE's and the normal models.As far as I can see now and for the past 3 years, basically, the difference between the LE's and the other ones besides the obvious (color) is the little " Limited" badge on the top triple clamp and the polished lip wheels, and thats it! Am I missing something here? I cant see paying inflated prices for a bike thats got a Limited badge on it and a set of polished lip rims! I think there was also a difference in the size of the"R" on the rear decal, but I thinks thats it! Are these suttle little cosmetic differences worth all the hype and difference in price ? For me, no.NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114339575 -->

Damn Dakkine2, you are so lucky... good for you, you got your LE already.... Im goinmg crazy here... Waitin for mine !!!,
That pics of your in the sun are simply AWESOME !!
I have sent a link of those pic to everyone I know saying "this is like my bike.. as soon as I get it !!!

from what I have seen it will be worth the wait ! the color is AMAZING !!!
My paperwork on my LE is at the dealership. Dealer said I should have it the 25th of Apr. latest 29th. Bad weather is coming on Monday.
sad.gif

Guys...........Gals..................

It's all a moot point anyway.

Everyone knows that the '05 silver/blue is the fastest color ever made.

kinda reminds me of the bike in Mad Maxx....lol I didnt really care for it at all in the sunlight or not...just not my color....beauty is in the eye of the beholder...anyone colorblind....lol

Well I may get slammed for this but here is my opinion on the limiteds. I do not think the Busa looks good at all done up in one flat color. The bike is too big and long to pull off a scheme like that. It needs a little color variation to make it look good. On top of that notion the new Busa's do not impress me at all. I went to see one in the showroom when it first came out because I am in love with the Blk/Gry scheme on it. Hence the reason I have a blk/gry 03. Well I saw the Gry/blk 05 on the website and was pumped. Then I got to the dealer and was like oh my god. It's horrible. They cheaped out and did not even paint the fairing they used freaking decals. Then on the front wheel fender half way down it looks like Suzuki didn't even finish it. Also a minor detail but I love the look of SUZUKI across the gas tank. Now they just have the S logo. That works for the gixxer cuz its a smaller bike but the busa looked better with it all across the tank. All in all I am not a fan of the limited color schemes and each year have thought they were ugly. The 03 orange is the one I hate the most then the 04 red then the gry is not too bad but I still don't care for it. The blk frame is cool but not enough to make me go for those colors. All in all it doesn't fit the bike and the 05's in general just dissapoint me. I am glad I got my 03 when I did. Not trying to trash any limited riders cuz like I said this is just my opinion and I know some people will think I am on crack or something for saying it but thats how I feel about em.

Everyone definitely is entitled to their opinion. I, for one, love the looks of that bike and would love to own one.

I may get lambasted for this but I gotz nads so I'll just blurt it out! LOL!!!

I think all the LE's are a sham...and here's why...they're all freaking monotone!!! LOL!!!...your paying more for less!!! LOL!!!...less paint, less tape, less grahics and less cost yet Suzi gets to charge a premium for those two little letters "LE"...a stroke of brilliance marketing wise...but I yet to see any color combo DUOTONE BUSA that impresses or inspires me less than the LE's....and ANY of the grahic effort the artisans put into the DuoTone Busa's I've seen have done nothing but ENHANCE the beautiful lines of the Busa's body art...where the LE's are like...Big & Blah look'in.

But that's JMHO and based on very subjective personal preference...as in..opinions may vary. LOL!!!

But mine won't..LOL!!! L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back