Saw a zx-14 in a magazine

Just got it in the mail. It officially announces the de-throning of the Hayabusa. I was sad.
But. The legend still lives.... right in my Garage in fact!
Just because something does something better ONCE, doesn't mean diddly.  Gotta wait 7 solid, leading years...  THAT's the number to beat.  Heck, wasn't there a new Harley that was beating the busa at the strip?

Come on, KAW, bring it for lucky 7 and I'll give you the nod.  Until then, get back in the "One Shot Wonder" line with the rest   ;)
I heard that. I believe it is great for the Hayabusa. We need the competition. As we do still own the stick by which speed is measured. Suzuki will jump on the opportunity to beat the ZX-14. The new Busa will be a monster because of this bike.
And I'll take one in Black too. It will look great right next to the Great Pumpkin!
+1..........I've got room for a new Busa!!

We ran 9.65 bone stock with pump gas in Las Vegas... (2100' Alt)

9.15 with Muzzy exhaust, Power Commander, U4 fuel, and lowered with 2" ground clearance. (also vegas) stock gearing.

We made 84 passes in 4 hours with the same stock clutch.... still working great at the end of the day...

Very quick bike...

I read about the 14 last night, and its only 1352cc and is built on the ZX12 platform.

How do they boast 1400cc when they are a lil over half way?

9.15 with Muzzy exhaust, Power Commander, U4 fuel, and lowered with 2" ground clearance. (also vegas) stock gearing.

We made 84 passes in 4 hours with the same stock clutch.... still working great at the end of the day...

Very quick bike...
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Yeah... 53cc more than the Busa... even if the ZX-14 was a true 1400, you still cant beat the aerodynamics of the Busa

I forgot what the formula is.. but I read a formula that states for every mph faster you need a exponentially increased horsepower to overcome wind resistance

So when you start getting into the higher speeds, aerodynamics starts to come into play more than raw horsepower

The only way Kawasaki will ever be able to compare to the busa is to redesign their bike to make it more aerodynamic..

Which in the end, it will end up looking like a Busa and they still would only have a Kawi motor in it

Muah ha ha

My favorite part of that article is 1/2 way through it they say the Busa has officially been dethroned but at the end they talk about how they will have to do some serious testing to see how it really stacks up!
rock.gif

stock for stock?...strip or street it'll be all rider between these two bikes...however..due to the fact that kaw designed the 14's engine with the case and jugs cast as a single unit?.."Big Boring" the kaw is pretty much out of the question...hence?..the mighty busa shall remain the prefered platform of choice by 1/4 mile racers in the know...and from what I've heard so far?...corner scrafing street racers will prefer the busa's more linear power delivery and handling over the big kwak.

My .02 in the "Predictions Dept." and...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Very quick bike...
Ryan whats the 14 geared for mph wise at redline in 6th? The Busa is geared for 200...same for the 14? Or better yet whats the stock sprocket set-up? Busa's 17-40.

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145051406 -->

don't believe everything you read-Busa will always be the best and the baddest on the street and the strip-Busa is King--

Very quick bike...
Ryan whats the 14 geared for mph wise at redline in 6th? The Busa is geared for 200...same for the 14? Or better yet whats the stock sprocket set-up? Busa's 17-40.
BRO....the final drive gearing for the ZX-13.5 is 17:41...I gleened this info from Kaws website by going to their parts listing online diagrams/microfiche....so it's one tooth up in the rear as opposed to the busa...sneaky bastids. LOL!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

It would be kinda hard to compare the two without looking at the primary reduction ratio and the individual gear ratios between the two. The sprockets will only give you the the final reduction ratio.

Regardless somewhere Elmer trett is rolling in his grave listening to all these Factory Kawasaki guys trolling the discussion boards to Hock Kawi's new Ninja. They have invested heavily in this bike and it damn well better be a step forward from thier last bastardized attempt. I am seeing a parallel developing here. Kawasaki's attempt to wrestle back this crown vs Suzuki's Motogp team both trying to wash off a lot of years of mediocrity. Ahh thats another subject though.

i have read on another forum that the gearing on the zx14 is more 1/4 mile geared. but the bottom line is riding the zx14 is like riding a moped it is fun until your friends catch you. ( i would have used another analogy but this is a family site).
vader1.gif

In the artical Muzzy (that's MR. MUZZY) said several things. One was there was good and bad to the 14. Good if you wanted a high HP touring bike, bad if you needed to bore cylinders (Hummmmmm ! me thinks this is not going to be a drag racer in the normal fashion
wink.gif
). He also said he was going to turbo charge one and expected 600 HP ! My take, SO WHAT
rock.gif
, you can do all these things on a Busa and LOOK
tounge.gif
better not being on a UGLY bike
race.gif

The artical also said it weighed 10 LB less than the Busa at 550 Lbs
rock.gif
! Well, their mag shows the Busa full of fuel at that weight also (2002 test) ! Really, the artical was full of problems with their assumptions. One was the Busa was decrowned, acept they were compairing their measurements from a stock busa with a Mag writer riding to a Piped, PCed, racing fueled, lowered bike with a pro drag racer riding. UHHHHHH, I might not be real smart, but I am smart enough to know a REAL DRAG PRO RACER could whip my astrich on a 600 cc bike !

The artical proved nothing until they match'em side by side, mod to mod, Pro Racer (Pref. same one) on each bike. Then we will know ! Until then, I still ride the KING OF THE ROAD  
race.gif

rock.gif

race.gif

Very quick bike...
BRO....the final drive gearing for the ZX-13.5 is 17:41...I gleened this info from Kaws website by going to their parts listing online diagrams/microfiche....so it's one tooth up in the rear as opposed to the busa...sneaky bastids. LOL!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Damn yer good Jinks....and thanks for the info
wink.gif
I had a feeling it was geared down abit...sneaky bastids is right lol
I went 2 down on the back of my old school ZX-10 and it made a big diff....

Back