Saw a zx-14 in a magazine

Got-Busa is right on. If you'll notice, in the article Carithers (author) states that they piped the bike, added lowering links, and used VP gas in it to get into the mid-9's with Schnitz riding it. I was surprised that a veteran like Carithers would make a statement based on this configuration that the busa is now officially - dethroned. ?? What's up with that?

IMO - as close as the busa and the 14 are, it still about the rider out on the street. So some of us - are gonna get our butts kicked against this bike. And others of us - are gonna win the kitty. And personally - I'd hang around a ZX-14 rider any day. Busa's and ZX14's are the bomb!

BTW - YOU STILL HAVE ONE OF THE WORLDS BEST BIKES!!!

ride on - shawn
wink.gif

I can't wait to see a SportRider review .......a much better mag IMO .
wink.gif

Got-Busa is right on. If you'll notice, in the article Carithers (author) states that they piped the bike, added lowering links, and used VP gas in it to get into the mid-9's with Schnitz riding it. I was surprised that a veteran like Carithers would make a statement based on this configuration that the busa is now officially - dethroned. ?? What's up with that?

IMO - as close as the busa and the 14 are, it still about the rider out on the street. So some of us - are gonna get our butts kicked against this bike. And others of us - are gonna win the kitty. And personally - I'd hang around a ZX-14 rider any day. Busa's and ZX14's are the bomb!

BTW - YOU STILL HAVE ONE OF THE WORLDS BEST BIKES!!!

ride on - shawn
wink.gif
Dont forget the "Igniter" what ever the fug that is!

If I let magazines dictate to me what the best thing on two wheels is?...I'd be buying a bike a month.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I love that integrated into the fender reflector!  It totally fits the look of the rest of the bike!
sad.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Just got it in the mail. It officially announces the de-throning of the Hayabusa. I was sad.
But. The legend still lives.... right in my Garage in fact!

Just got it in the mail. It officially announces the de-throning of the Hayabusa. I was sad.
Just because something does something better ONCE, doesn't mean diddly. Gotta wait 7 solid, leading years... THAT's the number to beat. Heck, wasn't there a new Harley that was beating the busa at the strip?

Come on, KAW, bring it for lucky 7 and I'll give you the nod. Until then, get back in the "One Shot Wonder" line with the rest ;)

Cycle news just did an article on the ZX14 also and they liked it alot.

I didn't buy my busa simply because it was the "fastest" - I bought mine because l liked the overall design, the fit and finish was far superior to the Kawasaki, and the bike overall was a great package.

I really don't care if it is the "fastest" - I like my bike and it's plenty fast!

Kent

that biatch is just damn straight dog.......that being said...fast ...slow...it all comes down to the rider...shure i bet they will beat me...but when i am sitting still or paceing behind them...ill still look better!!!!!!!!

that biatch is just damn straight dog.......that being said...fast ...slow...it all comes down to the rider...shure i bet they will beat me...but when i am sitting still or paceing behind them...ill still look better!!!!!!!!
ROTF

Ok, I am sorry... and I will probaly get slammed for this.. but it has to be said

chrisjp - Your comment "that biatch is just damn straight dog" just dont flow bro with the avatar pic

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144957006 -->

A few things I've noticed about this rather "odd (?)" ZX-14 release.

First... When are they actually going to release the '06... 2007? It's like they are using the magazines as further testing platforms while they are hard at work tweaking things.

Second... by the time they actually release it to the public, the '07 Busa will most likely be burying it.

Third... Are they going to get a STOCK ZX-14 to a magazine to be tested against the stock Busa or are they going to continue to compare their lemon errr orange to our apple?

Finally... They are STILL using the Busa as the platform to beat, the measuring stick, the king to dethrone. If you have a superior product, let it perform, show us the numbers and stfu!

Regardless, it's time to get your production version to showroom floors and your customers... not this by special order from Japan crapola.

ROTF

Ok, I am sorry... and I will probaly get slammed for this.. but it has to be said

chrisjp - You comment "that biatch is just damn straight dog" just dont flow bro with the avatar pic

biggrin.gif
He's the white nerd in the movie "office space". Micheal Bolton. The one that listened to gangsta rap in his car.
smile.gif

Just because something does something better ONCE, doesn't mean diddly.  Gotta wait 7 solid, leading years...  THAT's the number to beat.  Heck, wasn't there a new Harley that was beating the busa at the strip?

Come on, KAW, bring it for lucky 7 and I'll give you the nod.  Until then, get back in the "One Shot Wonder" line with the rest   ;)
I heard that. I believe it is great for the Hayabusa. We need the competition. As we do still own the stick by which speed is measured. Suzuki will jump on the opportunity to beat the ZX-14. The new Busa will be a monster because of this bike.
And I'll take one in Black too. It will look great right next to the Great Pumpkin!

Back