Saw a special edition today

jmasin

Registered
I saw a special addition pure black busa yesterday at the dealer...not sure I liked it.

It was neat looking, I kind of liked the black frame, but it lacked a certain flashiness. The black frame already had a small scratch where you could see aluminum underneath, so I could see that as a problem.

I bet all polished up it could look pretty mean though.

Don't know why I posted, just thought I'd share I guess...

I saw one, too. In person it looks kinda plain. Maybe its just that i like the normal paintjob so much
smile.gif
. How much was it tho?

hey jmasin, i saw one too this weekend at Laguna Seca and i must admit it didn't look as good as i thought it would. i really like the black on black scheme but i think it would look better chromed out. i was thinkin about trading mine in for a LE, but now i am thinking maybe i will just get a phat-ass custom paint job in black instead, polish the frame/swing arm, rims etc... and sweeeeeeeet! just my .02

Lo

I agree with you Lo.

The black body with some chrome would look killer.

A black frame etc with some body color might look killer.

But the pure black everything...I didn't care for it. Just a tad too plain.

Hey easy on the Black Busa. Thats my ride. Let me tell you that the bike is awesome. I get so many positive comments from Busa owners and owners of other makes. I think I have the only one around this area of NJ. It makes the bike that much better that when people see it most have not even seen them in magazines. It is very hard to keep clean. If you use any type of rag, you get little scratches. thats the only down fall. Other then that it is a bad ass bike! I tried to post some pictures of it but I am a computer idiot and could not figure it out. Ride safe!

bigpig13,

Nothin personal man!
ernaehrung004.gif
I did say all shined up it probably looks mean as hell.

Just not my cup of tea...but, a busa is a busa, and they all look schweet.

Its just too bad the silver/greys are faster than all the rest!!
tounge.gif

Funny thing is I just saw one in the showroom yesterday for the first time too, and I was thinking the same thing. It didn't knock my socks off like I thought it would. All three were right next to each other and I have to be partial and say the Black and Blue stood out the most.

The SE is about a grand more than the others, and I was thinking of getting it instead of the B&B, but I'm happy with my choice now that I've seen them up close.

Jmasin - The Blue color releases more energy than the Black or Silver, which makes it the FASTER of the three. Sorry, basic physics.
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

I actually really liked the all black. If I had one I'd have to go with carbon cans and black intermediates, then black out all the lights and signals.... you know, total stealth bomber mode. Black leathers and helmet with a dark sheild. Like something out of a bad b-movie.
waffen036.gif
I love my blue/silver.... I can just see some cool potential in that all black beast!
cool.gif

I like the bike. Though as stated already, black its just too hard to keep clean and after years of cleaning it gets those fine scratches in the paint.

Well I just came back from a car show and there was a special edition there parked. It was my first time seeing one in person. It was very sharp, especially just right about that time before the sun goes down. Thats when black looks totally awesome.

I actually think if it had the black exhaust pipes it might even look better. The polished ones seemed a little to much, especially where you can see it turn back to black again underneath the bike.

exclamation.gif
I have the LE 02...you guys just wait till I get it chromed and get my undertail...sending all my stuff off this winter...(no down time), can't ride anyways (well maybe sometimes). I'll post pics when it's done.
ernaehrung004.gif

Jmasin. I can see where your coming from, But I also don't like the fine scratches that black shows off

aktion035.gif
Same too bigpig. No offence. It's still a busa, that's the main thing.
ernaehrung004.gif

On top of a 02 spe. ed. busa, I have a few others including a heritage springer. The busa was the first bike that when I ride to harley shop I wasn't asked to move it. I generally like to push their buttons and call them all a bunch of #####'s anyway when it comes to there riding abilities. It was a nice change to have the locals checking out a bad busa. Love the black on black busa.
waffen036.gif
waffen036.gif
waffen036.gif

waffen036.gif

waffen036.gif

I bought one 4 weeks ago, and no one can still tell me much about it, other than it is all black...........what is Suzuki up to? Are they still making all the other colors? My bike was built in June, does any one have a newer bike that is not all black?
I originally wanted a silver one, but when I walked into the dealership, they said they only had one Hayabusa, it was in the back of the shop which they were just putting together. No one there knew anything about it other than the obvious, I thought this might be the last of the line so I jumped on it, I wasn't sure about the all blackness of it, but the more I looked, the more purposeful it looked..............after 2000 miles I now know it is just BAD!!!!!!!!

I bought one 4 weeks ago, and no one can still tell me much about it, other than it is all black...........what is Suzuki up to? Are they still making all the other colors? My bike was built in June, does any one have a newer bike that is not all black?
I originally wanted a silver one, but when I walked into the dealership, they said they only had one Hayabusa, it was in the back of the shop which they were just putting together. No one there knew anything about it other than the obvious, I thought this might be the last of the line so I jumped on it, I wasn't sure about the all blackness of it, but the more I looked, the more purposeful it looked..............after 2000 miles I now know it is just BAD!!!!!!!!

Price...........I paid $9400 plus prep, and freight, and tax, total $10.048.67
Sorry about the double entry earlier...........I am obviously new to this site, but I have been riding for well over twenty years. My first bike was a black with white stripe 1978 GS1000E back in early 1980. I hit over 100mph on that first ride home and I have been addicted ever since...........

Back