Saved My Butt

gack

Registered
this little beauty saved me a large fine today, (again) best Mod ever.

Hayabusa radar.jpg

I use a Beltronics but I'm starting to wonder about how useful it is. When I first started using it most cops rolled with the radar on so you knew where they were at all times. Now they all have instant on radar so when the RD lights up it's already too late! Still saves the occasional trap ticket though I suppose. If your RD has an audio SENA has a module you can connect to that sends the RD's audio warnings to the SENA headset via Bluetooth. This is good at night so the warning lights are not so obvious. I know of people who were nabbed when cops rolled up on them at night and popped their radar on and saw the warning lights flash. Of course I have a switch for Virginia that cuts power to the RD.

instant on will get you before you have a chance to brake for sure, Cops around here pretty much exclusively roll with it on so far so I usually get lots of warning. Yesterdays was an instant on but he was parked with a chase car or two, must have been hitting the trigger pretty often as I had enough lead time to get slow. I was riding by myself but there was a few trucks and cars doing the same speed behind me, they must have seen my lights come on and slowed at the same time, one guy came up beside me gave me the thumbs up and mouthed , thanks man, LOL. we were doing 170km in a 100km zone, That light system I have is great for the daytime but your right, it lights the road up like the sun when its dark. Didnt know that Sena made an adapter but I bought one last year from china that works great, as long as I remember to keep a charge in it.

Where I ride, the cops have only so many spots to hide and I look where they usually are. Otherwise, I can usually see them and if they are using radar, my V1 gets them. Now I've been picking up laser from somewhere. After it hits me and usually I'm not speeding, when it does, I go look and see where he's hiding, like I said, only so many places to hide hehe. Yeah I know, I'll get hooked sooner or later, hope never or later.

My V1 has saved me thousands over the years and paid for itself during the first tour I took with it. IMO they should be a factory option if not offered as standard equipment. Those who mistakenly believe they don't need one are either not riding fast enough to need one or are destined to pay for their mistakes.

My V1 has saved me thousands over the years and paid for itself during the first tour I took with it. IMO they should be a factory option if not offered as standard equipment. Those who mistakenly believe they don't need one are either not riding fast enough to need one or are destined to pay for their mistakes.

"not riding fast enough"
"destined to pay for their mistakes"
lmao!
I'm an old school hooligan, with 10 traffic awards...all in cars, and none in 15 years.
The man has tried several times to get me to stop and chat when I've been on 2 wheels, or one, but, I'm usually in a hurry. So I just wave back and keep gettin it.

saved me again yesterday, wasn't going impound fast this time, but fast enough to get a ticket for sure, \i'm not happy with the mount on the windshield it covers part of my dash, anybody have a better solution?

You guys are lucky to legally use radar detectors they are banned here Aus wide exempt the state of WA which I don t live in :banghead: if you do use a detector here in a banned state and the cops catch you or know you got one its a big fine plus licence disqualification just wondering if you guys get caught with a detector is there any fines ? :thumbsup:

I think backwards Kentucky is the only state that prohibits their use. BTW have you ever been to Cunnamulla in Queensland?

I think backwards Kentucky is the only state that prohibits their use. BTW have you ever been to Cunnamulla in Queensland?

Radar detectors are legal in Kentucky. The only places they are illegal (to my knowledge) are Virginia and Washington DC. With the exception of commercial vehicles, they are illegal in commercial vehicles everywhere. There are ten states that laser jammes are illegal, can't remember them all just know mine is one of them.

Back