Saved four lives this morning

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Been going back and forth with power company trying to get them to remove a tree in my back yard that died as a result of their continuously trimming it from around the lines. Finally won the battle and they showed this morning to cut it down and process it.

In this first pic almost dead center of pic above second line you can see a broken limb pointing to the right. Inside this turned out to be a birds nest with four hatched babies and one still unhatched egg. They could have just cut it down and continued but the guy took an extra 20 minutes to cut it carefully out and with as little stress as could be to them....
fedff744.jpg

You can see them down inside looking for momma.
690e89da.jpg

3101a00f.jpg

Im hoping it's not too short?
bbd223a0.jpg

Anyway I strapped it to a broken telephone pole...
8ca9e0ec.jpg

Momma was flying around with a worm in her mouth looking for them and they were peeping but from the sound of chainsaws and the track vehicle she couldn't hear them. Hopefully later she will. Not sure how long they can go without their mommy?

He's Birdy Boo now :laugh:

That's awesome!! If Mom doesn't show up by the end of the day, you may want to contact a wildlife rehabilitator. Those little squirts can't go long without food. I trust she'll find 'em :thumbsup:

He's Birdy Boo now :laugh:

I support this. :cheerleader:

BBB (Blanca Birdy Boo): you will need to finish what you started. You do know how mama bird feeds her young, right? Pic below for reference just in case..... :whistle:

amro41.jpg

I support this. :cheerleader:

BBB (Blanca Birdy Boo): you will need to finish what you started. You do know how mama bird feeds her young, right? Pic below for reference just in case..... :whistle:

amro41.jpg

I believe there was a thread on here with the video of the mom feeding her kid out of her mouth. Sounds like Blanca Birdy Boo is upto the job. :laugh:

Blanca do you guys a the problem with the green iguanas up there in WPB i see your by a canal and the stump is kind of low to the ground now.

I believe there was a thread on here with the video of the mom feeding her kid out of her mouth. Sounds like Blanca Birdy Boo is upto the job. :laugh:

Blanca do you guys a the problem with the green iguanas up there in WPB i see your by a canal and the stump is kind of low to the ground now.

All iguanas here died a couple years ago when we had that full week under forty. They all turned black and fell out of the trees. I must have thrown two dozen in the can. I haven't seen one since.

All iguanas here died a couple years ago when we had that full week under forty. They all turned black and fell out of the trees. I must have thrown two dozen in the can. I haven't seen one since.

Have you noticed if the momma bird found the babies?

I'm at work till nine. She was flying around same as papa was. They were both landing on the lines and looking at the tree wondering wtf was going on. I'm pretty sure when all calms down and the noise settles they should be able to hear the peeping. Least I hope so. I was planning on setting the nest piece back on top of the trunk but I think the wife fanagled them into cutting it down to the ground. I'll check on them when I go home. If they look hungry I'll give them some bacon or something :)

when i grow up i want to be JUST LIKE SAAID..... that being said....lol

Back