Saved a few grams on rotating mass pics

I thought the rims were steel rims. If so, how do you keep 'em from rusting after you strip the paint off?

--Wag---

rims aren't steel.

keep in mind with the aircraft paint stripper, use some thick rubber gloves, this stuff will strip more than paint if you let it sit on your skin.

(Mr. Anderson @ Jan. 14 2007,20:22) rims aren't steel.

keep in mind with the aircraft paint stripper, use some thick rubber gloves, this stuff will strip more than paint if you let it sit on your skin.
OKay. My mistake. What are they?

--Wag--

Wheels look good!! Definately a mod that I have on my list!!
bowdown.gif

(Wag @ Jan. 14 2007,22:06)
(Mr. Anderson @ Jan. 14 2007,20:22) rims aren't steel.

OKay.  My mistake.  What are they?

--Wag--
i always thought they were aluminum
rock.gif

(rockadaous @ Jan. 14 2007,15:57) look'n good, but wait til you have to polish them joints.  I have polished rims on my truck and can't stand the work that goes into em to keep em up
i havent had to polish my rims since i stripped em. i just use some "Dissolve It" to remove the chain lube and they look shiney as new

(extreemachine @ Jan. 14 2007,10:07) Nice job guys! I would think it would harf to get the straight line in between the center and outside.
its pretty easy to keep a straight line because the paint on the center isnt affected no where as near as much as it is on the lips of the rims....not sure what they used to paint the center part of the rim but the stipper doesnt affect it much at all

once i saw the results of this stuff in those pics i KNEW what I needed to get the finish off the stock heelguards to polish em up. I got some tonight and if you wanna time how long it takes to get the paint off em get a stop watch! It works QUICK!

Back