Sato Drag Rearsets

jefro

Registered
I know some people have had clearance problems using them with some exhaust systems but ran a socket cap screw and spacers from the back side and screwed it into the rearset bracket from the back. This does two things. First, I was able to push down on the pipe a good 1/2" to mount the bolt to the bottom hole in the bracket, and second, I can change the spacers to get the meg as close to the swingarm as possible-giving more clearance on the front of the meg. I'm not sure if these tricks will help with the Alien Head or not but they may be worth a try. Seems like the StreetMeg would have even greater clearance. I currently have them adjusted as far forward and down as they'll go with my setup. I can mount them back and up three more positions. Compared to the Buell pegs they're sitting about 1/2" lower and 1/2" farther back and improve the comfort factor as my ol' wore out hips can definately tell the difference. And the shifting, in conjunction with the Evo-Star, is unbelievably easy and precise.

IMG_0256 a.jpg

IMG_0258 a.jpg

IMG_0231 a.jpg

IMG_0272 a.jpg

IMG_0269 a.jpg

Thanks for the compliments :beerchug: The rotors are Revolution Rotors by CTS Moto which sadly just closed their doors recently.

that bike looks sick ! :thumbsup:

only problem i have is that my factory sets work and fit me fine, but i like the look , i just can not buy them for the look. great bike though !

I have an 09 with a SHortMeg and am interested in picking up the Sato dragsets. Are these the dragsets or the standard version? I didn't see a part number on the Sato web site for Gen II. Where did you buy them from? Did you get the optional rear brake spring? Also, where did you get the passenger peg holders? Thanks!

These are the Sato Drags'. They fit all years, 99-09. I got mine from Orient Express but I'm sure one of the vendors here can help you out. I didn't get the optional spring but have had no problems at all. The passenger peg mounts are stock but are powder coated and I installed the Suzuki accessory cf trim.

These are the Sato Drags'. They fit all years, 99-09. I got mine from Orient Express but I'm sure one of the vendors here can help you out. I didn't get the optional spring but have had no problems at all. The passenger peg mounts are stock but are powder coated and I installed the Suzuki accessory cf trim.

Thanks. The bike looks great!

I know some people have had clearance problems using them with some exhaust systems but ran a socket cap screw and spacers from the back side and screwed it into the rearset bracket from the back. This does two things. First, I was able to push down on the pipe a good 1/2" to mount the bolt to the bottom hole in the bracket, and second, I can change the spacers to get the meg as close to the swingarm as possible-giving more clearance on the front of the meg. I'm not sure if these tricks will help with the Alien Head or not but they may be worth a try. Seems like the StreetMeg would have even greater clearance. I currently have them adjusted as far forward and down as they'll go with my setup. I can mount them back and up three more positions. Compared to the Buell pegs they're sitting about 1/2" lower and 1/2" farther back and improve the comfort factor as my ol' wore out hips can definately tell the difference. And the shifting, in conjunction with the Evo-Star, is unbelievably easy and precise.

View attachment 181369

View attachment 181370

View attachment 181371

View attachment 181372

View attachment 181373
i have a 2019 busa with abs. they dont make the sato drag rearsets anymore but i can get some just not sure how abs compatible they are. im told they are different. any knowledge on this?

thats good to know. i was just told the abs bikes had slightly different placement of master cylinder an non abs rearsets pedal are not set up for it..
thanks, thats the only rearsets ilike. i appretiate the help.

Back