Santa finally came to me

Went to trade in my Springfield XD on a Glock 19X. They told me $200 for my XD. I laughed and bought the 19X anyways. While I was there, I saw they marked a lot of guns down so I also bought a Taurus 38 special for a great price. Time to hit the range.

View attachment 1590667
good deal glad you laughed it off would not trade an XD for a Glock 19. Spent all kinds of $$ working a 19 up with the best of best parts and it is not any better than the XD I bought last year will take a picture. Nothing wrong with a glock they work well & are simple to work on and use. Real nice collection don't let them talk you into the ultra lights.

Hmmmmmm

0BE90C3F-C5CD-4F6A-9C8B-92DB35381598.gif

My favorites 1911 , and .357 mag . I miss my S&W 7 shoot .357 Talo . Open sights popping steel plates @ 100 yards open sights . Heavy , and shoot well even with Heavy loads .
Traded it for a ZRX1200 engine .

.357 talo.jpg

357 talo 2.jpg

[QUOTE="WuzzaCBXRider, post: 3264263, member: 10993"

For some reason I’ve never liked a Glock .:laugh:[/QUOTE]
DAO is enough for me, but there are others ;<)

I've always had a soft spot for a revolver....it's nice to get 100% muzzle velocity sometimes.
My dad always had hand guns (now my brother has them) and one of my favorites to shoot was his 1880 .44 Colt.
I would think more is lost to cylinder gap than any recoil absorption.

Nice ga! Love my H&Ks, but my go to is my M&P40. Nothing fancy, but no matter what u do, it will group! My Para 1911 is sexy to shoot. Fav carry is my Kimber ultra carry 2, or my M&P shield in 40. Both light, reliable and accurate.
If I had to pick my fav (of my own) that just makes me giggle like a schoolgirl when the trigger is squeezed would def be my S and dub Model 500. Has the bear hunting 11 3/4" barrel. Weighs 4lbs empty.5 lbs loaded with 5! Nothing more than dropping ur dcki on the table on the range! Lol sorry ladies, its a guy thing!
Realy need, I mean want, an MP-5 next. Buddy that used to run Orlando Swat let me shoot one on full auto... Pure sex.
Troy

image.jpeg

Nice ga! Love my H&Ks, but my go to is my M&P40. Nothing fancy, but no matter what u do, it will group! My Para 1911 is sexy to shoot. Fav carry is my Kimber ultra carry 2, or my M&P shield in 40. Both light, reliable and accurate.
If I had to pick my fav (of my own) that just makes me giggle like a schoolgirl when the trigger is squeezed would def be my S and dub Model 500. Has the bear hunting 11 3/4" barrel. Weighs 4lbs empty.5 lbs loaded with 5! Nothing more than dropping ur dcki on the table on the range! Lol sorry ladies, its a guy thing!
Realy need, I mean want, an MP-5 next. Buddy that used to run Orlando Swat let me shoot one on full auto... Pure sex.
Troy

View attachment 1590727
Geez, that's a hand gun right there.....

I would think more is lost to cylinder gap than any recoil absorption.
You lose a little (more on the old girls due to wear) but you don't have the rearward action of ejection, spring compression and slide/round friction with a wheel gun.

Similar to a bolt action rifle that is not sealing 100%, you will lose some but the majority of velocity will be expelled down the barrel.

Reactions: c10
What ya looking at? I recently spies a 6.5 Creedmore I keep trying to talk the mrs into needing. The other ones are feeling lonely and need new play mates

I'm picking up a Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor next payday. Was gonna look into a 300 WSM or 6.5 Grendel but the Creedmoor has much better ballistic coefficients than the rest.

Back