Sandow meets Rubba

Sandow

Registered
2 days ago I found out that @rubbersidedown lives 5 minutes away from me. Tonight I went over to talk Hayabusa with him.(and finding out he has a damn fast bike). It was very nice to meet you Andy;-)!

(Posted with permission)

5 minutes apart? pretty funny ´n cool!
cool-ne-kippe-im-winkel.gif

dears, you should start a common workshop - lol -

so your bike, sandow , after a while, might eventually become as fast as his -
cwm50.gif
rofl-smily.gif

at andy :
daumen_hoch02.gif
4 your bike (impossible to get this street leagal on the road here)

best regards from germany
winke_winke_mit_der_kappe.gif

that way sometimes a "Stammtisch" starts here in good old germany
(at Sandow - explain him what "Stammtisch" means here ;) )

rsd´s idea to look for other Busa Brothers leads to that / in this direction.

AND - perhaps that way another German word will find its way into the English language.

Last edited:
That 330 didn't look too bad, was that the new one Rubb?
No Bro,still the old. If you believe in wear bars that tire has about 5 minutes of rubber left up the middle,the sides are fine.The Black Bastid doesnt exactly lean over to well in the twisties. This Busa demands respect,especially in the corners. Every turn is an adventure and usually comes with its own unique pucker effect if you know what I mean.:crazy: There was a point in time when this scenario would have been no problem,just have a second Busa for the twisties. Those days are gone my friend.:banghead:

Rubber.

hi rubber,
yes that feeling of no chance in the corner i know from an friend and his v-max some yeras ago
he had in the rear the 330 also , in front the 120 like you, i suppose.
(the handlebar was the original one)

after the 150 mi tour HE had , next day, very big stress with his muscles (arms and breast) even he was very well trained at gym - he was really a 85% "arnie"

the problem might be that
these (your) tire dimensions front / rear don´t fit well together.

read this article (pdf) and watch especially the two pics at its end - perhaps that leads you to a (the) solution.

in the past i met two guys with 300 rear and !!! 150 in front and they told me that this combi is nice to ride.
no aching / muscle hangover next day after a curvy 150-200 mi tour.

little add :

this one (street legal) i had to ride only about 12 km here in berlin to bring it back to the owner.

P1020287.JPG

P1020285.JPG

after this very short ride i was sweaty wet through and through because
1. By the incredible power I needed to steer it
2. by sheer fear to get even the smallest curve

no, not mine ;-)

Andy, what’s going on with the rear blinkers on your bike?
And how do you cope With turbo power combined with hideous cornering??
Must be scary as . . . I couldn’t imagine riding something like your bike, I’m all about smooth consistent predictable turn in and line holding handling !
Sure looks amazing though. . . Also, having to leave it in the car park area in that building over night would have me sweating all night long . . Is it alarmed and GPS’d ?

No Bro,still the old. If you believe in wear bars that tire has about 5 minutes of rubber left up the middle,the sides are fine.The Black Bastid doesnt exactly lean over to well in the twisties. This Busa demands respect,especially in the corners. Every turn is an adventure and usually comes with its own unique pucker effect if you know what I mean.:crazy: There was a point in time when this scenario would have been no problem,just have a second Busa for the twisties. Those days are gone my friend.:banghead:

Rubber.

That's cuz I took it from you. :poke::laugh:

Andy, what’s going on with the rear blinkers on your bike?
And how do you cope With turbo power combined with hideous cornering??
Must be scary as . . . I couldn’t imagine riding something like your bike, I’m all about smooth consistent predictable turn in and line holding handling !
Sure looks amazing though. . . Also, having to leave it in the car park area in that building over night would have me sweating all night long . . Is it alarmed and GPS’d ?
Hey Kiwi. Blacked out turns and brake lite.I like em better than euro style or stock.They are a bit dangerous,harder to see,but they look cool.:super:
Turbo power with lousy cornering ability is just something you have to get used to.
I was thinking about getting another Rottweiler and locking him to the bike.:devil:

Rubb.

Berlin...I like the look of that Busa,except they cheaped out using a jack shaft.:(

Rubb.

Back