Sand Mountain Nevada Trip Last Weekend

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
You know sometimes I just get the urge to do something a bit different. Ever since getting the Busa I've kinda neglected the rest of the bikes so last weekend I bought some sand tires for my quad and attempted to get her running after sitting for the last three years. Generally I don't mess with carbs but I guess I do now, after tearing it apart several times and cleaning the jets, float valve and everything else that gummed up and crystalized from the old gas I got her going.

After getting to Sand Mountain I realized she was still cutting out occasionally, starving for fuel I guess you could say . Well I fiddled with the damm thing all weekend and didn't get the issue resolved so it looks like I've got a personal challenge to conquer, I've got a couple ideas as to what might be causing the problem and will not give up till I find exactly what the culprit is.

Sorry no action shots, maybe next time. What you might find interesting is the custom one man sand rail hand built by a friend of mine, there was no kit, no plans just started cutting and welding some steel tube one day and proclaimed "I'm building a sand rail". This project took him several years to perfect, started off too low and was bottoming out on the dunes so he raised it with larger shocks. The rail started off with a 600cc Yamaha engine (an R6 I believe) but felt it was slightly underpowered plus he blew it up on the third run due to a faulty oil pump, she now sports a GSXR 1000 engine w/NOS. This thing is STUPID FAST, nothing out there could even come close.

590.jpg

591.jpg

592.jpg

593.jpg

594.jpg

595.jpg

596.jpg

597.jpg

598.jpg

599.jpg

600.jpg

601.jpg

602.jpg

603.jpg

604.jpg

604a.jpg

605.jpg

606.jpg

That sandrail looks like a blast! The only sand we have here on the east coast,We cant tear up. Wish we had a place like that here though.

I have a banshee with a CBR600RR engine in it. I have yet to get a good trip to the dunes with it. :-(. Suspension problems now with electrical issues. Hoepfully I can get it right soon...

Back