San Diego Newb

wharthog3

Donating Member
Registered
Hello All

Its been a long time since I was a "newb" on a board.

I've had a few bikes since I started riding back in 2003 starting with an 03 GSXR 600, an 04 R6, an 05 ZX6R (636) and then an 03 TL1000R.

The TL was my "dream bike" since the first time I saw it as a new rider in 2003. After a few years of experience I came upon the opportunity to own a very low mile used one.

As much as I enjoyed the TL it was necessary to part with it earlier this year to pay off some bills.

I've worked selling motorcycles for the last 5 years, (that's how I met Scar) and there really wasn't anything on the showroom floor that jumped out at me that I had to have.

Being in the industry for that long, talking about bikes day after day, they start to lose their luster.

I recently changed jobs and discovered that I really missed the weekend rides, the next mod, and the community that goes along with bikes.

I started to look into the 09 models, the GSXR1000 and the R1 but they didn't really do it for me. I figured I'd end up with the 09 BKing. When the bike was no longer produced I just had to get it now.

Best decision ever.

So that's my official introduction: Hello from the "newb"

Welcome, again, to the crew, Lee.

It's a great place, especially if you don't have an opinion of your own... There are plenty here for adoption! :rofl:

J/K, yo. You'll have to admit...that's some funny shizz right there.

Anyway, the .oRg is more like a family; inbred and dysfunctional...but full of love!

Can't wait for our next outing!

:welcome:

Wow thanks all for the :welcome: Scar knows me as Lee, my middle name, and my first name, which I go by everywhere else is Jeff. So I'll answer to either but prefer Jeff...or newb, or guy with the bike that has hugh pipes, etc.

Question, I see some members with high post counts that don't have that pink toaster, then some that have much lower. I didn't see it in the :rulez: so wanted to know what it meant. Can I put one on my Christmas list?

Welcome aboard!

Where's the photos of the bike already? :poke: :laugh:

--Wag--

Welcome aboard!

Where's the photos of the bike already? :poke: :laugh:

--Wag--

Scar posted a few in the "Helped Break in a BKing" Thread in the General Discussion.

I'll get some pictures up when she's broken in and modded the way I see fit to call her "mine" Right now the bike's all stock and in showroom form. Bleh.

There are a few goodies on order, but I'll keep to details to myself until its done.

Jeff/Lee/Guy with Huge Pipes... (I'm not thinkin' I like Option 3 there too much. :laugh:)

You need to put up some pix of your own, brother...demz da rulez.

So far, everyone's been pretty nice to you, but without the pix, I'm afraid there's little I can do to fend off the .oRg's legendary pack-mentality pic-police dogs. :laugh:

Anyway, appease the gods and put some pix up, yo...even if they're the ones I sent to you.

Ya gotsta play the game, brother...

Anyway, appease the gods and put some pix up, yo...even if they're the ones I sent to you.

Ya gotsta play the game, brother...

Okay, will do. Bike is sitting at home in the garage while I'm at work. I'm not about to take a bike of that speed down the speed trap that is the 125 toll road.

I'll get some pics to appease the .Org when I get home this evening.

Here's a place-holder of said 'B-King' with the king's big brother 'busa. This ought to tide you over 'til you can get home and 'oh, snap' some of your own.

:laugh:

:beerchug:

:cheerleader:

Wasabi & B-King in Julian.jpg

Welcome to the oRg officially my friend. The toaster comes with time. I hope you plan to make the Stampede next July, this will afford an opportunity for us to meet. Be safe! :beerchug:

So they're low quality phone pictures because my camera was dead. My computer isn't hooked up at home (I'm always at work anyway) so I had to wait until this morning to upload them.

Once I have the bike the way I want it (and once I clean my garage) I'll get some better pictures.

That pile of stuff you see off to the side of my bike is everything that I took out of my jetski trailer. I had to trade the skis and trailer in to afford the bike. BEST TRADE EVER!

IMG00003.jpg

IMG00004.jpg

Jeff
I ride most weekends so let me know when you are out and about

I road with Lamb last Sunday and we got a bit wet up in Julian in the rain

Ken

Are you the "Lee" formerly from House of Motorcycles?

Ron

Yes, that's me. I left House 2 months ago. It was extremely difficult to get the banks to give anyone money for a "luxury item" so it was just a rough industry to survive in right now. Plus I get to RIDE a bike now instead of just talk about them all day.

Back