Sample Firearms Bill of Sale

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Attached is a fillable .pdf for a pretty decent firearms bill of sale.

Every firearm I've ever bought or sold I have a record of which I will keep with my important papers, just in case that firearm is ever used illegally. In some cases I even have a copy of the buyer's driver's licence, or at least the name/number and address.

Saiid, you've done a lot more buying and selling than I have, so I'd be interested in your opinion.

Attachments

• Firearm Bill of Sale.pdf
    87.1 KB · Views: 2,090
I myself do the same thing and keep a bill of sale of the fire arms I sold or bought privately. Infact, I checked on them last night because a family member was interested of what was involved when buying a gun privately, and texted him my method.

That's a pretty good one. Most guns I've sold privately have gone to close friends or family.
In Florida a receipt is not even required for private transfer just simply a good idea.

I usually snap a pic of their DL and CWP and get them to sign a receipt for the gun with serial number.
I always ask them the questions on that form you linked but rarely write it all down.
Most of the sales I've done recently have been from my FFL to theirs. So no worries.

Mine is similar, but without the cost on there...

That's just what I need is them calling that "revenue" :banghead:

Good way to protect your self.

I understand buying guns but what is this selling guns thing you speak of?

The lighting from the trunk of my car in a dark alley isnt good enough for all that paperwork, I just make em Pinky swear that they're good people.:laugh:

It has been decades since I last bought/sold a gun and not sure if things have changed but here in California (PP sale between two peeps who both do not have FFL):
1. seller and buyer go to a gun store/licensed dealer to start paperwork. store holds on to gun and collects fee.
2. background check/waiting period for buyer starts.
3. after #2 above is done, seller and buyer return to store.
4. buyer pays seller, store releases gun to buyer who then leaves with gun (RECEIPT from store is proof of ownership/regsitration)

Yes, it sucks.

Back