Same question different person

vf'er

Registered
Ok...you guys i dont want to sound like a tight wad but i am...needing a new tire for the 'busa but then again dont want to spend a obscene amount of cash. here we go 33yrs old wife rides with me sometimes...3 kids put about 1000 miles on jeanni a year been up to 130 mph (some day i might go alittle past that we'll see) dont do much cornering and definately dont treat the bike as bad as most. I want to put this on the rear, do you think they will do.
Shinko 005 Advance Rear Tire - Motorcycle Superstore

i know most of you will say youre life depends on them but then again i am not hauling arse; most of the time i do speed limit but we have our short bursts of speed....what r ur thoughts? gottat have the tire in by the 24th or 25th so my time is running out

heres the link ...... http://http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/28/394/6184/ITEM/Shinko-005-Advance-Rear-Tire.aspx

thanx. from reading some of the threads about tires....some of the things to watch for are a.water extraction
b. softness of the tire
c. ratings
d. compound

but geeze, i just like to get out and ride. most of the time the beast is covered up and on stands so i cant really justify spending 180$ on a tire. But if i you guys say its best i guess i will. One article i read says most of them are fairly the same? OR NOT?:whistle:

yeah! :beerchug: i've been reading folks are putting the 200's on now and they'll fit the stock swing arm cool:laugh: that's what i am digging on what about the wear? how many miles you getting from them? Mine wear really flat due to long commutes hardly no twisties

I've got 2K miles on mine and it still has the new rubber nibs on it + barely any wear; I don't do the twisties so I can't speak on grip in that area...

see what shops in your area charge for mounting and balance as well. Sometimes it is too much and may be better off buying a tire where they can mount it for you as well...someplaces wont m/b unless you buy tire from tham as well.

I wear my centers out first as well on my Q's. At some point I am going to have to find a longer lasting center.:whistle:

got a couple of mom and pop joints...both will install whether purchased in or out of house purchase. 45 m&b...not too shabby heh? or 25 if i bring it in. Your in the south? blue haya...headed down there for the first time on a bike; going to the thunder in the hills rally in bandera. taking the wife with me. thats why i am so concerned.

I am just outside Waco.

$25 carry in is good. I did my front and rear last Summer and the local stealership got $88 carry in.

How far west are you..near San Angelo?

I'm running the Shinko Ultra and have had no issues at all with this tire. However I also don't kow what mileage to expect Prior to that I went thru a Metzler in about 1500 miles and prior to that I dn't even remember what tire it ate up in about the same miles.

These bikes LOVE rear tires. So far my Shinko has impressed me. But it is still shy of 1,000 miles.

Thanks Tom...my jeanni has right at 5k miles on it but its been easy riding it is an 04 so you can see she's been babied. I think the Shinko will be the way to go. This will be my first replacement on this bike. I had an 01 vfr before that and whent thru 2 sets of tires b4 i got the busa....then again thats a horse of a different color.:laugh:

BLue Haya i am west of San Angelo 100 miles. Snyder, TX. :thumbsup:

Thanks Tom...my jeanni has right at 5k miles on it but its been easy riding it is an 04 so you can see she's been babied. I think the Shinko will be the way to go. This will be my first replacement on this bike. I had an 01 vfr before that and whent thru 2 sets of tires b4 i got the busa....then again thats a horse of a different color.:laugh:

BLue Haya i am west of San Angelo 100 miles. Snyder, TX. :thumbsup:

I went outside Snyder this past year on a hunting trip. Between Snyder and Roby. Beautiful area.

Sorry for the thread jack.:beerchug:

I hear a lot of people talking about how they like the Avon Storms, as far as cruising (highway), and say they get really good mileage ?

I LOVE my Qualifiers, but they run around $180.00 (I think that's what I paid).

Sweet deal on getting them mounted. I got my tires from Cyclegear, and the dealership charged me like $200.00 to mount them !!

Everyone I have talked to likes the shinko tire, and I know thats what djsin runs on his bike. I'm still on the OE tires, and am not close enough to changing that I have given it a lot of thought.

I've got a Shinko rear on mine and have no complaints, but also don't have enough miles on it to judge wear.

The comments from others about figuring in the cost to mount it are very good to bring up. Unless you mount your own tires like I do! :)

Back