Same chain length or longer?

with 16K on the chain, I think I would be looking at replacing the thing anyway.. (which means you need to get a longer chain for sure)
thumb_up.gif
Listen to this guy.
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

OK. I put it back together. I have adjusted back to the 5th 1/2 notch. (That's counting notches from the edge in towards the motor.) I have about a 1/2" play in the chain. Is that as accurate as I need to be? If I have eyeballed the notches on both sides and they visually are the same - that's it - right?

I'll check the chain for kinks or off a tooth or something. But it spins fine and such. Maybe I'm over sensitive. It's just that this is a critical component to the bike and if it's mucked up - it could be disasterous.

How many notches in is your adjustment guys? (That's - notches from the edge of the arm in to the edge of the aluminum thing the axle goes through.)

keep in mind your larger sprocket is going to take up some of the slack.. if you are comparing marks showing, you need other bikes with 42 tooth sprockets... Have you measured the chain for "wear" yet?

Back