Samco Sport Radiator Hose Kit - Hayabusa Gen 2 - Who uses it, you like?

mvanlone

Registered
Anyone using the Samco Sport Radiator Hose Kit on their hayabusa gen 2 and what are your thoughts? Where the best price for this was at?

I have a couple of buddies that used them on their GSXR's and noticed a slight breakdown when the hoses were left dirty. Maybe the contaminates broke down the silicone if left on too long? I don't know, but I just rebuilt my Busa and replaced the hoses with OEM.

I'm running Samco hoses on my busa, got a great deal from star cycle on them. I think sportbiketrackgear.com also has good prices but quantities are limited. I ordered a blue kit from star cycle they had advertised on ebay but they contacted me a day later and said they were out of stock of the blue but gave me a set of red hoses at dealer cost to make up for it. Ended up saving like almost $40!!

Hmmm do these make you go faster??? Noooo

Put your money into some thing that make bigger balzs!

Besides from looks they really don't do too much although I have read that they help in reduction of engine temp but I'm guessing its marginal at best a degree or two? Idk? When i got mine I had a few extra dollars to spend so I went with the samco hoses, engine ice, low temp thermostat, gen2 rad, and dual muzzy fans. Now my bike stays cool winter, summer, spring, and fall :whistle:

Besides from looks they really don't do too much although I have read that they help in reduction of engine temp but I'm guessing its marginal at best a degree or two? Idk? When i got mine I had a few extra dollars to spend so I went with the samco hoses, engine ice, low temp thermostat, gen2 rad, and dual muzzy fans. Now my bike stays cool winter, summer, spring, and fall :whistle:

ofcourse it does:laugh:

Heat transfer is based on the type of material and the surface area. Lots of peaks and valleys = matte surface color = more surface area. Smooth surface = shiny = less surface area. Rubber = matte, silicone = shiny. They are both insulators so neither one transfers heat well, but I would assume the rubber transfers heat better so I would be skeptical of the silicone hoses ability to cool the bike better, if it makes a difference at all.

On my hot rod I run these:

Summit Racing® Stainless Steel Flexible Hoses SUM-390124 - SummitRacing.com

They are copper coated on the inside and dropped my engine temp by about 5* without changing anything else. Wonder if the heater hoses would fit my busa.... Off to take measurements.

Back