Sally has a stable mate!

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Most of you know that my wife has been itching to get her hands on her own bike. We have looked at several, and it comes down to the Katana. She loves the styling and comfort of this bike more than any other. Our local dealer just happened to have a brand new, never ridden, zero mile 06 on the showroom floor. I am heading back up there in about an hour to give them a check and send it over to Accessories to have frame sliders installed. The new bike is solid burgandy(they say red), its also a 750 and is light as a feather compared to the Busa. My wife is excited as all get out.....shes in an all day meeting! I will take some pics and post them up shortly. We should get it home tomorrow or Friday depending on how long it takes to get the sliders installed. Pics are coming, I promise!
super.gif

Good deal bro,
thumb_up.gif
but there's no way in hell I let them put the sliders on. I've heard too many bad stories about them putting them on wrong or scratching up the panels.

Good deal bro,  
thumb_up.gif
 but there's no way in hell I let them put the sliders on. I've heard too many bad stories about them putting them on wrong or scratching up the panels.
What are you thinking? Should I install them myself? Or not put any on at all? I was wanting them to help protect the bike from low speed falls, or drops in the driveway. She is a first time rider.

Good deal!  Get her scheduled for a MSF class!  
beerchug.gif
Already working on that Rick. I have been hearing good things about the OK Rider Education Program. Do you know anything about them, or have suggestions. We have a local MSF safety course in Broken Arrow, but from what I have heard, the OKREP are more, "lady friendly".

awesome...i know she is having a hard time staying in the meeting
laugh.gif
get her some time in the seat so she can come join us on the next ride
beerchug.gif

Congrats hope she enjoys.
thumb_up.gif

Make sure you ride in front because as my buddy learned guys will drift in your lane while watching her ride and run you ff the road.

laugh.gif
beerchug.gif
Already planning on it brother. I think next spring when we get our yearly bonus, I am going to purchase an enclosed trailer and some stands like Lisa had on her trailer, look out Dragon! I dont know if she will be ready for another ride this year or not, but I hope to get her into a class very soon. At the very least, she can spend some time in the neighborhood getting the feeling for her(uh.. I mean him) until she gets her permit.

laugh.gif
beerchug.gif
Already planning on it brother. I think next spring when we get our yearly bonus, I am going to purchase an enclosed trailer and some stands like Lisa had on her trailer, look out Dragon! I dont know if she will be ready for another ride this year or not, but I hope to get her into a class very soon. At the very least, she can spend some time in the neighborhood getting the feeling  for her(uh.. I mean him) until she gets her permit.
i would take a look at the Baxley chocks also...thay seem to fit the Busa better without the problem of the lip hitting the fairing...just check to see if they would work on Juli's bike also

btw, tell Juli she needs to get her own account now so she can post up pics of her ride
biggrin.gif

i would take a look at the Baxley chocks also...thay seem to fit the Busa better without the problem of the lip hitting the fairing...just check to see if they would work on Juli's bike also

btw, tell Juli she needs to get her own account now so she can post up pics of her ride
biggrin.gif
+1 on the Baxley Sport Chock! That's what Semi, GSXcite, and I have and they're great!

beerchug.gif
Congrats to both of you....she gets her own, you dont have to ride 2up any more!!! Win...win if you ask me. I'm looking for the same for my wife.

Yep!

First step will be removing the side panels
2. Tools needed, couple of books and laser level,two inch hole saw,hand drill, masking tape, marker and a rear or front bike stand.
3.Locate the engine mount bolt on both side of the bike.
4.Pick a side you want to measure first, left or right side, it doesn't matter which.
5.Place the chair about four feet from the bike with the books stacked on the chair to the same level as the engine mounting bolt. Basically what you're trying to do is have your laser light hit the head of the engine mount bolt.
6. Once you have the laser light hitting dead smack on, put you panel back on and don't mess with the laser setup. The laser will illuminate on the panel where you need to drill you hole for you frame slider (getting the picture now?).
7.Take the panel back of the bike and drill a small pilot hole with your hand drill. This will help to prevent the holesaw from sliding across you panel.
8.Once the hole is drill, get your 2" holesaw connected to your hand drill and set the hand drill in a reverse order to prevent a chopping effect when you start to cut into the panel. When putting the drill in a reverse motion it will cut smoother into the plastic.
9.Cover the pilot hole on the panel with some tape, use enough to cover the size of the hole saw when placed on the panel.
10. Now slowly push the hole saw drill bit through the tape into the pilot hole in the panel and beging to drill you frame slider hole.
11.Now do the other side.

Have fun!

Back