safe to text while driving??

If texting and talking while driving is such a horrid practice, then I suggest they start instructing officers to keep their hands off their PC's and radio's when driving. I love my LEO's, but it's like watching a drunk in front of me when you've got your hands all over the computer trying to type while in motion.

If texting and talking while driving is such a horrid practice, then I suggest they start instructing officers to keep their hands off their PC's and radio's when driving. I love my LEO's, but it's like watching a drunk in front of me when you've got your hands all over the computer trying to type while in motion.

It's an extreme distraction and I agree completely with the video. I also agree with you that law enforcement should not be entering data in a PC while driving. While at a stop sign or red light, etc. yes. But not while moving.

i had to report a south bend police officer all over the road in mishawaka after witnessing him weaving all over and doing 30 mph over the speed limit, he was pulled over by mishawaka pd, and eventually lost his job.....of course that part came after i turned in the video I had of him driving that way...pd arent the only ones who can operate video camera's, and texting or typing is vary dangerous by anyone who does it, but the policemen on the computers really gets me....in the video i had you could clearly see him leaning over on the center counsel typing...at 50 mph too in a school zone(20mph)

Last edited:
The teenagers I see texting while driving is very alarming. Half of them have the whole phone held up right in the middle of their face. How the Frick can you even see the road!? And us as motorcyclists, which are already invisible to everyone. Makes me shiver :banghead:

:rulez:

Should be illegal for everyone. If you need to talk to someone that bad or text someone that bad park the car. That sadly should be common sense but it is not.

i had to report a south bend police officer all over the road in mishawaka after witnessing him weaving all over and doing 30 mph over the speed limit, he was pulled over by mishawaka pd, and eventually lost his job.....of course that part came after i turned in the video I had of him driving that way...pd arent the only ones who can operate video camera's, and texting or typing is vary dangerous by anyone who does it, but the policemen on the computers really gets me....in the video i had you could clearly see him leaning over on the center counsel typing...at 50 mph too in a school zone(20mph)

:laugh:Good for you! Love It!:laugh:

The teenagers I see texting while driving is very alarming. Half of them have the whole phone held up right in the middle of their face. How the Frick can you even see the road!? And us as motorcyclists, which are already invisible to everyone. Makes me shiver :banghead:

:rulez:

One of our neighbor's daughters ended up in the yard across the street upside down after simultaneously texting while racing through the subdivision at midnight trying to beat curfew.

I felt bad for her dad. Half the neighborhood was out to check out the scene (girl wasn't seriously injured). I slept through it all.

Texting while driving...NO Talking on a Cell Phone while driving...NO Driving while driving...YES.

I am so sick of people doing other shyt while driving other than driving I could spit! There is ZERO reasons to be on a phone while driving. You need to make or take a call...pull over...period! My parents were involved in an accident because of some idiot who was trying to dial a number while driving...T-boned them after running through a red light and never even knew they were there.

Texting while driving...NO Talking on a Cell Phone while driving...NO Driving while driving...YES.

I am so sick of people doing other shyt while driving other than driving I could spit! There is ZERO reasons to be on a phone while driving. You need to make or take a call...pull over...period! My parents were involved in an accident because of some idiot who was trying to dial a number while driving...T-boned them after running through a red light and never even knew they were there.

I hope your parents were ok!

I think people do a lot of stupid things while driving. I've seen people reading the paper, applying makeup, shaving... The list never stops. These a$$ biscuits don't think till it's too late. The guy that hit my husband's bike last month was reading a ROADMAP!!!!!!! Talk about mad... I was fit to be tied!:banghead::banghead:

At the company I worked for we instaled a kind of blue tooth hook up in every high end car.. It had a text function where you say a word it would pop up on the OIM screen. Before you sent it, a voice prompt would read it back to you. Also when recieving a text it would allow you to listen it it.

Was a great system only people thought it cost extra for it.. So it was used very little.
I wish I had one in my truck, I get 15 to 25 calls a day while in the truck, and at times I talk.

DAMN! Caught red handed!

texting is a very bad thing especially when you are on a bike seeing these people. Cell phones are just as bad, at least use a bluetooth. You can spot someone on a phone miles back, they are usually all over the place. I am starting to think I will paint ball them every time I see someone on the phone. :O :)

Go drive a "big" truck for awhile... you might be surprised some of the stuff people do while driving.... then again maybe not... :whistle:

(keep in mind truck drivers can see "everything" )

how were you videoing at 50mph?

how were you videoing at 50mph?
I knew that was coming...lol the wife recorded it all while i drove and she works for policemens credit union so we are members of the fop ect...so when we saw this happen once before the few people we talked to about it told us to try and get it on video...so we did...apparently this officer did this daily and we where not the first ones to call about it...just the ones who got him on tape....

Go drive a "big" truck for awhile... you might be surprised some of the stuff people do while driving.... then again maybe not... :whistle:

(keep in mind truck drivers can see "everything" )

I have seen lots of crazy stuff out there while on the big road. People rolling up "hippy lettuce", doing lines, amongst other things as well. I have seen some nice seat covers too! :whistle:

Back