Safe to ride?

italian

Registered
I just fully assembled my 06 busa after my brother put it down six months ago. I am so ready for a ride but I realized that I missed the exhaust manifold gaskets and they are five business days away. The bike looks, runs and sounds great. Is it safe to go for a ride this weekend? or will this do damage to my valves and other parts?

Hey, I'm sure the Org riders will jump in here soon and give you some great advice, just be safe on it, and wear your gear.. :thumbsup:

I just fully assembled my 06 busa after my brother put it down six months ago. I am so ready for a ride but I realized that I missed the exhaust manifold gaskets and they are five business days away. The bike looks, runs and sounds great. Is it safe to go for a ride this weekend? or will this do damage to my valves and other parts?

Are the old gaskets still in there ??? If they are AND there are no leaks...you are 'good to go' :beerchug:

If you don't have gaskets, don't ride...

unless you don't think you'll ever need to remove the exhaust manifold from the engine again...or care that after a few hundred miles you just might find you have an entirely different "exhaust note".

If you don't have gaskets, don't ride...

unless you don't think you'll ever need to remove the exhaust manifold from the engine again...or care that after a few hundred miles you just might find you have an entirely different "exhaust note".

+1. If you waited 6 mos, 5 days more won't hurt. It would suck if the lack of back pressure, temp changes, etc trashed all of your other hard work.

Jim

You guys are right. Thanks for not handing me my ass. Thinking about it now you had every right too. My maiden ride will be that much sweeted next week

The copper jobs in the heads ?????......where'd the old ones go ????....

Just wait..i'm goin tru the saME waiting game like you...hopefully next weekend i'll be freeing the mind..close your eyes when other bikes are passing by...squeeze your nuts or something to get your mind off of it!!

how could it sound good if the exhaust gaskets are missing has to have a exhaust leak thats sound nasty yes or no >?????????????

Ummm, sure I am missing something here, but when I took off the stockers and put the slip-ons on, there was absolutely no room for gaskets... was a tight fit as is. Virgin exhausts I guess.

:rofl:

Back