Saddlemen track gel channel, anyone have one

Dopey

Donating Member
Registered
I've been looking at the"carbon fiber" saddlemen track seat just curious if anyone had one on their bird. I was only able to find one video that had one installed on a busa and it seemed to have a gap at the front that I didn't care for and I read a review on revzilla where someone had an issue like this putting it on his busa. I've decided I'll take the heat from the wife but I don't wanna order then find out I don't like it or it doesn't fit right. I know Gamedic has the one he got from mabupa but it's a little different then the track model. Appreciate any help

I was only able to find one video that had one installed on a busa and it seemed to have a gap at the front that I didn't care for and I read a review on revzilla where someone had an issue like this putting it on his busa.

That definitely is a gap. Front and back! Also looks a little fatter rather than skinnier. I'd hope for a thinner seat on a track seat.

I have a Saddlemen TechStyle seat on my ZX-14 and it does definitely have a visible gap at the back between the tail piece and the seat bottom....like they shoulda made it just a half inch longer. It also contacts the inside top of the seat cowl which forced it up just a bit leaving a gap between the seat cowl and the tail pods. Not a big deal--I always have the seat cowl on which conceals the gap at the back of the seat and the bike is black so the gaps on the sides did not show so bad. The seat cowl settled in after a while making the side gaps acceptable to me...but it is a black bike. The SAddlemen is exceptionally comfortable and it is lower on the 14 which was the main reason I liked it. It weighs a bit more than the stock ZX-14 seat. Anyway, that's the 14. The busa just plain has gaps. I would carve down a stock seat if I wanted a more sporty and track oriented seat on my busa and I probably will do that after seeing this. Those Saddlemens are spensive!

That definitely is a gap. Front and back! Also looks a little fatter rather than skinnier. I'd hope for a thinner seat on a track seat.

I have a Saddlemen TechStyle seat on my ZX-14 and it does definitely have a visible gap at the back between the tail piece and the seat bottom....like they shoulda made it just a half inch longer. It also contacts the inside top of the seat cowl which forced it up just a bit leaving a gap between the seat cowl and the tail pods. Not a big deal--I always have the seat cowl on which conceals the gap at the back of the seat and the bike is black so the gaps on the sides did not show so bad. The seat cowl settled in after a while making the side gaps acceptable to me...but it is a black bike. The SAddlemen is exceptionally comfortable and it is lower on the 14 which was the main reason I liked it. It weighs a bit more than the stock ZX-14 seat. Anyway, that's the 14. The busa just plain has gaps. I would carve down a stock seat if I wanted a more sporty and track oriented seat on my busa and I probably will do that after seeing this. Those Saddlemens are spensive!

Im not really looking for the track oriented part of it as much as I am thre gel channel and I like that out looks like it sits about as high as my Suzuki gel seat which helps with the knees. Im really hoping if I pull the trigger on it that it will settle in and fit better cause at 300 bucks I just don't feel like it should fit anything less then perfect

There is that gap at the front again , and it looks soooo damn BIG at the back end and front ..... could be good for the ride comfort , but I personally am still looking .

After you pointed it out it does seem about as wide at the back as the Suzuki gel seat, when riding with that one when I get scooted to the back it is rather comfortable but that's on those long straight highway rides out of state. Of course living in Michigan most of my riding is straight line freeway anyways, too the point that I don't dare put a pic up showing the size of my chicken strips:lol:

Of course living in Michigan most of my riding is straight line freeway anyways, too the point that I don't dare put a pic up showing the size of my chicken strips
WELLLL---you need to get yourself up to da backroads in da UP, ey?

Iron Mountain is my hometown. Plenty of curvy roads at the WI border. Lotsa cops too so bring your radar detector.

E071DB3E-A8C5-4F47-B00B-0C8871051CAE.jpeg

My current seat is a Saddleman Gel Track or something like that. It’s a little firmer of a seat but kinda helps keep you in the correct posture/position for riding aggressively

Back