Saddlebag fitment

I Love My Wife

Registered
I'm interested in bags for my busa. Are most any sport bags an acceptable choice or does anybody know of some to avoid?
I'm looking at Nelson Rigg CL 1000 and also found a Cortech Spotbag 82-332 locally. Anyone have experience with one these?
What do you have and why do you like them?

Last edited:
i have a set of cortech bags for the back with a cortech rear seat bag that goes over the rear seat and attaches to the saddle bags.. I like them ok. The rain cover is a joke. The wind ripped them up the first 3 or so times I used it. The zippers arent the best either. They seemed to split on me a lot. Pissed me off more than once. I dont know why the zippers are like that but it just seems that if you zip them up when the bag is packed tight and the zipper is under a load when you close it, it splits behind the zipper as you close it. then you have to squeeze the bag together back the zipper up and do it again. I was a little disappointed considering the cost honestly.

this is the best pic i have of the saddle bags. dont have a pic with the seat bag.

058.jpg

I used the NR bags for the first time riding to and from the Bash and they worked fine. Didn't feel them back there even at speed.

Busa Bash 2010 - 36.jpg

newenough.com has some on sale for like 66 bucks. i was gonna get some, but opted to by a riding jacket for my girl instead. hey big.. those look pretty good on there.

I got that same Blue/Black bike. I am really diggin those bags. The blue matches pretty good. They make those in a smaller size right?

I have 35L RKA bags for sale in the classifieds. They are robin blue like the ones Pashnit shows on the dark blue Busa. Check them out if interested PM and make me an offer. Used once. Probably the best soft lkuggage out there. Wardie

I have the Cortech tail bag and have had my saddle bags since my previous bike (Katana) the saddle bags I bought at Cycle Gear along with my tank bag. I have never really used the saddle bags on a long trip but NICK SULLY (org. member, buddy and GGTK :laugh:) borrowed them not too long ago for a trip on his Gen2. He may be able to give you a better report!

This is my second Cortech tail bag and I use it on a regular basis; the first one was blue to match the previous color of the bike, the current one I found on CL!:thumbsup:

iPhone 001.jpg

iPhone 036.jpg

iPhone 008.jpg

image[2].jpg

I have 35L RKA bags for sale in the classifieds. They are robin blue like the ones Pashnit shows on the dark blue Busa. Check them out if interested PM and make me an offer. Used once. Probably the best soft lkuggage out there. Wardie

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to pass though; they might not be the right look on my 06 burgundy and black.

I too have Cortech and have issues with them. Go with the RKA or Nelson Rigg. My wife said only complaint was they limited her foot placement on pass pegs.

Pashnit, do the 50L bags rub against the side of the rear when they are mounted? If so, wouldn't this cause some paint damage on long hauls?

I am about to pull the trigger on a set of 3 bags and am leaning toward the SW Motech route as they stand off of the bike a bit.

Pashnit, do the 50L bags rub against the side of the rear when they are mounted? If so, wouldn't this cause some paint damage on long hauls?

I am about to pull the trigger on a set of 3 bags and am leaning toward the SW Motech route as they stand off of the bike a bit.

You know that mesh stuff you put in the drawers of your tool box that's non-slip, also used in your kitchen as a non-slip surface when you're washing dishes, not sure what they call that stuff. You can sort of see it in the first pic. I use that. It's in the housewares section. These black ones actually came with a Black & Decker rotor I bought.

Img_0203_800.jpg

Img_0323_rka_640.jpg

Img_0203_800.jpg

Img_0323_rka_640.jpg

Back