Saddle bags - any advice?

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Since I am starting to commute more back and forth to work.

And when I do get a chance to go on a few rides, they will probably be over nighters to San Diego and such..

I am looking at getting some Nylon Saddle Bags.

I dont want hard case bags because I dont want to have them permanantly mounted, I also want something inexpensive..

This is what I am currently looking at. I think for the price it is a pretty good deal.

http://www.newenoughhp.com/nelson_rigg_mini_saddle_bag_page.htm

If anyone knows of a better deal (something a little bigger for the same price, betetr quality, or less expensive) can you let me know..

Thanks

I have the cortech. tank,tail and saddle bags. the tail and saddle bags quick connect into 1 piece. They work and look great. I can pack enough away for probly 3 to 5 days.

Since I am starting to commute more back and forth to work.

And when I do get a chance to go on a few rides, they will probably be over nighters to San Diego and such..

I am looking at getting some Nylon Saddle Bags.

I dont want hard case bags because I dont want to have them permanantly mounted, I also want something inexpensive..

This is what I am currently looking at. I think for the price it is a pretty good deal.

http://www.newenoughhp.com/nelson_rigg_mini_saddle_bag_page.htm

If anyone knows of a better deal (something a little bigger for the same price, betetr quality, or less expensive) can you let me know..

Thanks
Thats a nice one you picked, Thrasher and a decent price tag too. I'm using the SSB-500 (B,K,R,Y) Pro-Sphere Saddlebags by Nelson Riggs with the re enforced sidewalls with expandable sides that can hold a decent amount of crap, trust me (Measures 21"L x 10"H x 9"W Standard and 21"L x 10"H x 12"W Expanded)

Best part........Lifetime "No Hassle" warranty on Nelson Riggs saddle bags

I am in the same boat and have been looking hard a the riggs myself
motorcycle accessory warehouse
has the mini's for about the same price -- but looks like they have bigger ones cheaper
I like the deluxe bags that are compatable with the tail pack-- bout $130 plus shipping from MAW
hr_combo_small.jpg

<!--EDIT|xzvs
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150683679 -->

I am in the same boat and have been looking hard a the riggs myself
motorcycle accessory warehouse
has the mini's for about the same price -- but looks like they have bigger ones cheaper
I like the deluxe bags that are compatable with the tail pack-- bout $130 plus shipping from MAW
hr_combo_small.jpg
Man, those are some killr prices MAW is offereing on the Nelson Riggs bags. Good Find, xzvs !!!
super.gif

I use the Tour Master Cortec bags. Tank,Tail and saddle bags they look alot like the ones you picked. Seem to go on easy and have plenty of room. I use the tail bag all the time.

I was thinking of getting saddlebags too.  Has anyone tried the bagster saddlebags yet?

--nevermind; New Enough just got my business again. I can't beat that price for those bags in the 1st link

<!--EDIT|PandaNin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150691984 -->

I have the coretech sport saddlebags and tailbag. It would be the perfect setup if the saddlebags were expandable. If I had to do it again, I would have bought the saddlebags from Motopak.
www.motopakluggage.com
www.luggagelocker.com

Those are similar to the ones we have.  Not bad. Protect your paint . . . .

We also have this tail bag and find it to be VERY serviceable.

ft%20cargo%20tail%20bag_410x326.jpg

--Wag--

I just bought tank bag, tail bag and saddle bags off ebay from moto-direct. they seem to be real nice. they are new and come in a few different colors. the whole set cost $162 with shipping.

I have the TourMaster bags and the duffle that clips to them - they are awesome.
Easy to put on and take off - no damage to paint - had them over 140mph with no problems!

Kent

Back