Sad day when bike leaves.....

bazooki

Registered
I finally sold my 96 GSXR 750 that I needed to move with the addition of my Busa. It took a while but I found a good home for the Gixxer and it rode away out of the driveway for the last time on Monday night. It was actually the first time I had ever heard it ride away as I had always been on it and I never let anyone else ride my bikes. The Yosh pipe sounded awesome and it was all clean and pretty with the beautiful paint gleaming......it made me feel really crappy and I immediately wished I hadn't sold it. Naturally, the rational side of your brain kicks in and counts the money and the insurance saved (not to mention the extra real estate opened up in the garage) but still it is a tough pill to swallow. Maybe in a little while the sadness will go away as I get back on the Busa but for now it's still a little like the 4 year old looking at his ice cream cone face down on the sidewalk!:down:

July 25-07 moto 006.jpg

Good looking bike. Try to remember that someone will get more use out of it; sitting doesn't do a bike any good. I can relate to how you feel, though. It gets better :).

Though I can appreciate your loss I think a good ride on the Busa should quell your anxiety! Nice looking bike! :thumbsup:

Sounds exactally like what Kromdom told me on the phone after I rolled away on his 'Busa. Great for me, sad for him. I did hear that he is still trying to convince wife that it is OK to have both a Harley and a 'Busa.

Yeah, I think the Beast and I will go for a little tour tonight and see if we can make some grins....I can see why some folks end up with bike/car collections as they can't bear to see their loved ones leave. On the other hand there are some vehicles where you can't wait for them to leave and your only worry is the buyer calling you back with a few choice *&$#@!! words!:whistle:

Out with old in with the new :thumbsup: Enjoy the Busa!

I guess I never had an emotional attachment with any vehicle except my old Cuda'

did you stand there and watch it drive away......and let out a deep breath as it left your sight as if to say "what now" ?

i know what you are feeling.

did you stand there and watch it drive away......and let out a deep breath as it left your sight as if to say "what now" ?

i know what you are feeling.

Yeah, I was actually in the driveway with my two boys as the new owner rode away. I commented how great it sounded and how sweet it looked and then said "What have I done?"

Sounds exactally like what Kromdom told me on the phone after I rolled away on his 'Busa. Great for me, sad for him. I did hear that he is still trying to convince wife that it is OK to have both a Harley and a 'Busa.

still hurts to this day :( hope to be back in one again someday....sometime before the year ends.

bazooki,
was your gixxer listed on ebay? before the Busa, I was a huge GSXR 750 fan (over the years, have owned a '93 and two '97s) that '96 happens to be my all-time fav

still hurts to this day :( hope to be back in one again someday....sometime before the year ends.

bazooki,
was your gixxer listed on ebay? before the Busa, I was a huge GSXR 750 fan (over the years, have owned a '93 and two '97s) that '96 happens to be my all-time fav

No, I had it listed on AutoTrader and Kijiji with the latter getting the most response. Funny though, you tend to get a ton of virtual tire kickers when people can just respond by email....lots of dumb questions....I got pretty tired of it all after a while so I am glad that part of it is over and done.

I know how you felt. I sold my 67 Camaro that I had since high school and it almost brought tears to my eyes

I know how you felt. I sold my 67 Camaro that I had since high school and it almost brought tears to my eyes

those tears would be from repeated kicks to the balls.....classic american iron is only bought, never sold...

please tell me there was a good reason for the sale....like food on the table for the family.

I sorry... You'll be ok.. Like the other guy said, out with the old,and in with the new..:beerchug::beerchug:.. Like Rayabusa said,you have a busa, spoil the busa now, get her something nice,new tire,paint job,bling.. Ride safe big guy.. cheer up ;):thumbsup:

Ahhh, the "T" model gixxer.....
best of the whole bunch, my m8 got one back in '96 (one of the 1st ones off the ship in oz).....what an awesome machine, a shame she wasn't a keeper for u....
but hey, its not like u traded down....ur gonna have juz as much fun on da 'busa (if not more!?!)
condolences m8....but it's "busa" time now !!! :thumbsup:

Hopefully the new owner will provide the same good care and get as much enjoyment from the bike as you did. Memories pull at your heartstrings.

I told myself when I got my Hayabusa I would sell my '02 GSX-R1000. I can't do it. It has been the best machine of any kind I have ever owned.

The Hayabusa is a great bike, and I only have 3k miles on it, but I just don't feel as one with it as I do with the GSX-R. The GSX-R is also more enjoyable to maintain as it is easier to access things. Plus we have been places and done things together.

Perhaps I just need a few more trips on the Hayabusa to properly bond with the bike.

Back