Sad Day in Mobile Alabama

BlondeOnaBusa

Just call me B.O.B
Registered
sad.gif

I don't know this person but please keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

http://blog.al.com/live/2007/04/prichard_man_killed_in_west_mo.html

A Prichard man was killed this afternoon after his motorcycle collided with a car on Cody Road, Alabama State Troopers said.
Carlton Francis Smith, 44, was riding a 2007 Suzuki GSX 1300 south on Cody Road when it collided with a 1997 Ford Taurus that was exiting the Lakeside Lodge Restaurant at 650 Cody Road South, State Troopers said in a news release.
Jessica Pittman Smith, no relation to Carlton Smith, was driving the Taurus, troopers said. The 29-year-old woman was not injured, trooper spokesman Cpl. Joe Piggott said.
Carlton Smith, who was wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene, Piggott said.
Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the crash, which occurred about 3:30 p.m., Piggott said.

Thoughts for his family and friends...wonder if he was a member on here?
sad.gif

(VaBusa @ Apr. 03 2007,11:31) Thoughts for his family and friends...wonder if he was a member on here?  
sad.gif
The two that I know of

Spikedoutbusa- His name is Thomas and has an 05.

arm1151 has a 06 busa (from what I could tell in the pic he posted)

RIP...sounds like the Taurus possibly pulled out in front of him when exiting the restaurant

It always distresses me to see or hear of incidents like this.  After spending the past 4 days riding racking up nearly 1300 miles I have been subjected to the discourteous and dangerous manuerving of people in cars and trucks.  Now I know that these are just 'accidents', but they are nearly always the result of negligence or inattentiveness of the drivers.  What do you suppose would start happening if life insurance policies were issued for motorcyclists of which the proceeds would be guaranteed to be used used for either criminal or civil prosecution of the responsible party?  Hate to get off on a rant, but my greatest fear is that some a**hole is going to kill me and be all apologetic because it was an 'accident' and get away with murder.  Sorry for the rant but as far I am concerned they are guilty of negiligent homicide.  
rant.gif

Back