Sad day, had to lay it down

TALYN

Donating Member
Registered
Yep, it is true, coming home this AM from work and decide to pull in for fuel, come up to an intersection and see a car sitting there from a cross road, I slow down and attempt to make eye contact so that I know they know I am coming...

By the way I had the right of way, the driver, a woman, looks at me, looks the other way, looks at me again, I flash the high beam (passing light) as I am approaching just to make sure she sees me and she decides at the very last minute to go.......

Well it was going to be a big ole juicy T-bone or lay it down.... I opted for the scratched plastics rather than the potential bent forks aka me going through or over her F*cking mini van.......  

If I had taken the time to install my frame sliders I probably would have very little damage, it is not too bad, no damaged plastic just scraped, me my ankle is a little stiff from where I got up walked over to the mini vans door and began to collapse it with my boot.... she freaked and drove off...... cannot say I blame her, I was pretty pissed...

but the golden question or moral of the story... Yep, I had on all my gear and not a scratch on me.... anyways, be careful out there, they are everywhere....

<!--EDIT|Jtonda
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1150938338 -->

Another fugging cager...
mad.gif

Sorry to hear about that man and im glad you are ok. The bike can be fixed easy enough. Did you get her plate number before she left?

Glad you're okay man.

I flash the high beam (passing light) as I am approaching just to make sure she sees me and she decides at the very last minute to go.......
[/QUOTE]

Was it a communication problem with the driver? I usually flash my beems in both the car and the bike giving the go-ahead signal to the other driver. Always was taught to do it that way. Maybe it's different in different parts of the country.

glad you're ok.

Glad you're okay man.

I flash the high beam (passing light) as I am approaching just to make sure she sees me and she decides at the very last minute to go.......

Was it a communication problem with the driver? I usually flash my beems in both the car and the bike giving the go-ahead signal to the other driver. Always was taught to do it that way. Maybe it's different in different parts of the country.

glad you're ok.[/QUOTE]
yeah if some one flashes me at an intersection, usually take that as the go ahead sign.
rock.gif

Glad you're okay man.

glad you're ok.
yeah if some one flashes me at an intersection, usually take that as the go ahead sign.  
rock.gif
[/QUOTE]
hate to say it bro, but same here.

Either way, at least you're alive and uninjured.

Glad you're okay man.

glad you're ok.
rock.gif
hate to say it bro, but same here.

Either way, at least you're alive and uninjured.[/QUOTE]
+1

Either way she left the scene of an accident that she caused. That is a big time deal. Did you get her plate

Glad to hear that you weren't hurt. Almost happened to me on the way to work a couple of months ago... a buddy of mine was riding to work with me; he freaked out about it worse than I did. Make sure you let us know what you need to fix her up... one of us has got stuff to help....

Better damage to the bike than to the body, but sorry about it anyway!

did you say it was a woman?

after we get all these illegals kicked out, we're going to need to do something about all these idiot a** women drivers
wink.gif

Hey JT,

Looks like someone may need a new jacket after that slide.

Glad you okay. Don't flash those brights anymore. It's a popular communication by truckers to give the "go ahead."

Yup, Flashing generally means go on ahead!

No Flashy...

To make certain I get seen i tend to weave in the lane... It's a motion that is generally unexpected and it gets a second look.

and remember your Brakes will stop you much faster than "laying it down".

Glad it you're allright man, scary stuff.

Back