Sad, but...

OB_Sonic Boom

Registered
From http://news.motorcycle.com/965773215

FT. MYERS, Fla., Aug. 1 - A woman who won a battle in court to allow Florida motorcycle riders to ride without helmets is now a victim of her own success. Lyn Rushton died over the weekend in a motorcycle accident in Ft. Myers.

Police say the 40-year-old woman crashed when she failed to stop at an intersection. The impact threw her more than 50 feet, killing her. She was not wearing a helmet.

Rushton helped lead the fight for the ?No helmet required? law that recently went into effect in Florida.

Things happen in life and life must go on.With out the full story we would never know what really happened. I guess the article said she failed to stop at a intersection and she crashed. Would the helmet have saved her life maybe yes maybe no. We have quit a few motorcycle riders killed this year and they were all wearing helmets. Bottom line Crap happens!!!!! If you don't ride with a clear mind and in control you will get hurt or even die. Ride safe all

they made a big deal about a guy who was the 'other one to die without a helmet' after the new law in fl. Then the report came out that he died of chest injury and now nothing more is said of him. So far the law that was supposed to cost florida taxpayers millions hasn't cost a dime! But you'll never catch me without a lid anyway, 'cept maybe biketoberfest or bike week around the strip. Ray

I've seen people bust their heads wide open on rollerblades at 10 mph so I don't want to see what a 40+mph collision on a bike would be like. I started racing bicycles in the late 80's and the club I was with required helmets be worn at all times or you would be kicked out. Thankfully, this started the routine of wearing a helmet whenever these kind of dangers could exist. I will always wear a helmet! As for the possibilities of other injuries occurring and killing you, yeah that's true, but what if the only serious injury you sustain in a wreck happened to be a head injury? You'd feel kind of silly, probably not, because you would most likely be dead or in a coma. We are all grow men and can make our own decisions, but when it comes down to it MY WIFE would much rather me come walking in the door after a ride than collect on my insurance policy. Remember, it doesn't affect just your life, it affects the lives of your family and friends forever.

Back