SacTown & NorCal guys...

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Hey.

Everyone up in the Fire Zone doing okay?

I know there are a lot of you in/around Sacramento; and things are positively crazy there right now.

If I don't hear from you here by this evening at 9:00p, I'm going to call each of you personally.

Hope you're all safe.

:poke:

I'm good, don't know of any .orger's in Auburn.

Put 444 miles on Masgo yesterday and got caught in the detour around the fire. A lot of thick smoke in the canyon headed in to Auburn from Downievile. Hwy 49 was closed in Auburn. The detour took about an hour to loop back around on to the Hwy. We could see houses burning from the ridge we detoured on to.

All clear over here. I'm heading to Utah next Monday so my trip might take a little longer than expected if we have to detour on 80.

Fire 95% contained. Probably going to be just fine.

Last edited:
OZZ and his BRO are OK.............Just Stopped by his House Yesterday. It's NOT Burned Downed :thumbsup:

I'm about 40 miles south of that fire, and seems like the smoke is all going north. Other day the Yosemite fire about a week ago had the car covered in ash. But smoke quickly dissipates. The auburn fire is a huge tragedy since you have this tiny fire (by comparison to the SoCal ones) but it was in the middle of the town.

This year has actually be pretty much a lightweight with the fires compared to last year. June last year, wasn't it we had 1700 fires going at one time.

Img_0971_fire.jpg

Crazy, huh? That's not fog. ???

Img_1743_hwy299_smoke.jpg

Img_0971_fire.jpg

Img_1743_hwy299_smoke.jpg

Last year we got hammered up here north of Sac town about 75 miles, and all the way to the Oregon border. This year not bad at all but I feel for those in other areas as I have seen it first hand in the past.

Peace to all - K

Last year we got hammered up here north of Sac town about 75 miles, and all the way to the Oregon border. This year not bad at all but I feel for those in other areas as I have seen it first hand in the past.

Peace to all - K

Yep, last year we had all those roads closed, but we rode away :thumbsup:

Back