Sacramento riders?

Katrolis

Registered
Last month I bought an '06 Busa from a Suzuki dealer that had 1 mile on it.  Out the door for 9500.  It's the 4th bike I've owned and quite honestly, when I bought it, I didn't understand the reputation the bike holds.  I was pretty nervous about driving it home the 20 miles from the dealership.  Anyways, after 800 miles and an oil change, this beast is growing on me.  I like it alot!  I'm a pretty cautious fellow, and understand the power of the bike, and really try to respect it.  Im growing into this superbike, and am really impressed with the engineering and power the Busa has.  

I bought it to save gas money on my daily commute, and now I understand I bought the Corvette of the bikes.  LOL...  at any rate, I just joined the site, and will work on a pic...  I got the red/black Busa.

I'm interested on maintaining my bike and getting the most out of it's longivity.  I've tested it to 110 mph (I'm still in my break in), and it rides so smooth and there's so much more throttle to go.  It doesn't take much to make the front end get light.  I dont have the experience to do wheelies, so I dont want to try those yet...  ;-)

Is there anybody in the Sacramento area I can hook up with?

Thanks, Tom

Welcome Tom,
super.gif
 so you got one of those leftover 06's from Good Times, congrats.  A group of us locally usually get together for rides every other weekend or so, come join us and have some fun, just look for posts with topics like "Sacramento Nor-Cal Area Ride" or something to that effect. Hell let's make this one, who is up for this Saturday or Sunday? Breakfast at Dead Fly Cafe then some twistys?

Yea, I got the leftovers, lol... how did you know! actually I looked at the reciept and it said 9900, + all the fun stuff. So I guess it was still a decent deal at 11k with all my gear too.

Anyways, I'm a world of Warcraft fiend too, and happen to be an officer in an online guild who can't just leave the guild hanging. I can prolly hang the weekend after next on a sunday just fine tho. :-)

Breakfast sounds great, and as far as twisies go, sounds great, just let me catch up!! I'm still growing into this bike and I just have to ride within my personal limits. I have a pretty fast learning curve, and I'm still breaking this thing in too... heh

Got a bee sting today on the neck today... nice

Go till it breaks, then back off a notch!

Tom

Welcome KATROLIS to the Addiction !!!  Gene, I am Game for a SUNDAY RIDE !! Saturday I am Getting some NEW RUBBER
super.gif
Let's ROLL !!!!!
race.gif

OZZ ? Did your EGGS Drop ?  I Promise to SLOW DOWN in the Twisties so You Can Catch Up this Time.........
laugh.gif

Hi, I'm a new Busa owner in Sacto area....well Wilton. Bought an 08 orange and black, comming up on 600 miles. I'm probaly in your league Katrolis. PM me if you want to get a few rides in before we hook up with the badazzes
bowdown.gif
I know I won't keep up.

Lived on a GS1150F in my younger days. Got pissed and sold it on a whim years ago,uhh alot of years ago. Bought a DR650 but, it didn't really excite me so it never got ridden much. Got a friend thats been talkin about buyin a Harley, that got me started thinkin about bikes again. Tried to talk myself into a HD but couldn't do it. Damn near bought a Fatboy but the chick at the HD dealership irritated me so I hauled ass otta there.

Looked at CBR1000RR's and the VFR Interceptor. Liked both, except I felt kinda too big for the RR, 6'4"/240 and figured the VFR wasn't gonna have enough power for me. Went to the Suzuki dealer and spotted the Busa, knew right then I found my Bike.

Had buyers remorse for a couple days till I started getting back in to the groove. Now I'm hooked on it, the remorse is gone, love the Busa. Now, I'm just paranoid of gettin a ticket it's so easy to cruise it at 100 mph I don't even realize it.

Pics, Pics you say? Well, it looks like every other 08 with orange and black paint, except I've stripped the rear fender off along with the cheesy reflectors. Mounted the plate under the tail with the reflector hardware as per a post here on the .org. That mod is almost genius it's so simply good. Have put on the Buell pegs, and threw on Helibars last night. Pegs and bars make it so much more comfy. Got a new windscreen comming. Thanks to everyone here, have gotten the basic Busa education in the last couple of weeks.

Looking at seats but am undecided, like the Tobin but dont want to lose the 1 or 2 inches in height, not sure the Corbin is worth the money and haven't heard many good reviews on the Suzuki Gel. Lookin at other goodies too. Oh yeah, and gear need some gear can't seem to get in to the old leather, well I can get into it just can't breathe once it's zipped.

Later, Russ...

welcome.gif
Yep, we do some group rides every so often around here looking forward to riding with ya!
beerchug.gif

9_29_07_org_ride_15__2_.jpg

congrates on the new bike ! I live off of Myrtle , email me you can hook up with me and my partner , we do rides every weekend. and we need to plan a Ride from the forum , get all the Sac Busas together

Driftboat131@att.net

Bob C.

Back